The largest fish market in Tokyo, Toyosu Fish Market, is known for being strict and not allowing tourists inside the wholesale market area, but if you still want to experience the wild and fascinating world of seafood in Japan, the Adachi Fish Market Tour welcomes you! While you can enjoy the seafood restaurants bordering the Adachi Fish Market any day of the week, you can’t always get access to the fish market’s wholesale area, as it’s only open to the public on one Saturday every two months, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. This Adachi Fish Market Tour is an exclusive opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at Japan’s fish market culture and discover some of the tastiest seafood delicacies (as well as some strange sights) in Tokyo.
Highlights of the Adachi Fish Market Tour:
- Experience the flurry of action at the wholesale area of Adachi Fish Market
- Enjoy a Japanese seafood bowl for breakfast at a local seafood restaurant
- Learn all about the Japanese food culture and discover strange and unique seafood
- Get inside tips about Japanese history, etiquette, and culture from an expert
- 1.5-hour tour of the Adachi Fish Market
- Cultural insights from a local English-speaking guide
- A delicious Japanese seafood breakfast
- Transportation fee to and from the event
- Meet at Senjuohashi Station at 7:30 a.m.
- Explore Adachi Market’s wholesale area
- Enjoy breakfast at a local seafood restaurant
- End at 9:00 a.m.
Minimum of 2 people, maximum of 4 people per group. If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Adachi Fish Market: Tokyo’s second largest fish market, the Adachi Fish Market, is located in Kita-Senju, an area which has a long history of accommodating travelers passing through. During the early years of the Edo period, traffic through Senju was quite heavy and Kita-Senju was a postal station where Daimyo, Japanese feudal lords, stopped to rest before continuing their travels. Now a residential area, Kita-Senju is far from the typical image you might have of Tokyo (neon lights, bustling streets, swarms of impeccably-dressed people). Actually, there is a lot for nature-lovers to enjoy, from parks like Toneri Park and Higashi-Ayase Park to the nearby Arakawa River. Full of narrow streets and very local hidden gems, in Kita-Senju you can find the freshest produce at affordable costs.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is the ticket gate of Senjuohashi Station on the Keikyu Line. There is only one exit, so you can’t miss it. The meeting time is at 7:15 a.m. Please arrive 15 minutes early, because the event will start exactly on time.
- Please note that the Adachi Fish Market is closed on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- The Adachi Fish Market Tour starts strictly on time. The tour will start even if guests arrive at or after the departure time, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant partners, and the tour guide’s time
- Please notify us in advance if there are any food restrictions or allergies
- Please wear comfortable shoes because there will be a lot of walking. Sandals are prohibited as you can’t enter the market wearing them