Experience a one of a kind, off the beaten path quest to some of the best restaurants in this great food tour. Travel back in time to 1970s-era Japan as you explore the maze of eateries in the unique and interesting Gado Shita. You will get to see, feel, and taste the vibe in the bustling streets of Yurakucho, Ginza, and Shimbashi. Enjoy a wonderful time visiting restaurants, eating some of the finest and street smart foods of the place, and get an inside tip or two from the locals you will meet along the way. Fun, exciting and delightful, it’s the food tour you will never forget!
Highlights of the Tour:
- Stroll the streets of Yurakucho, Ginza and Shimbashi with a professional, local guide.
- Visit Gado Shita, a one of kind restaurant district built under the tracks.
- Sample approximately 18-20 local dishes including dessert
- Experience the beauty and art that is found in the izakaya.
- Experience the extreme range of these areas from posh Ginza, to the office worker havens of Yurakucho and Shinbashi.
- Get to dine and interact with the locals.
- The All Star tour is one of our longest running, most popular and highly rated tours.
What is Included in the Price:
- Two refreshments
- Five food stops from one of the most highly recommended restaurants which include dessert (who can resist desserts?)
No minimum people required for booking. Single travelers are welcome.
Situated between Ginza and Hibiya Park, Yurakucho has many traditional Japanese-style eating establishments and is the favorite drinking place for most businessmen, while Ginza is an upscale shopping area in Tokyo. In here, you will find the famous Hokosha Tengoku (literally means pedestrian heaven), the main street of Ginza in which is closed on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 noon to 5 p.m. to pave the way and allow people to walk freely around the area. Meanwhile, Shinbashi is a quieter significant business area bustling with cheap restaurants that will surely make your tummy and pocket happy.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
2-5-1, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo. This is outside Hankyu Men’s Department Store, across the bus stop at JTB Tourist Information Center. Meeting time is at 4:15 p.m.
Take the JR Yamanote, JR Keihin-Tohoku or Yurakucho Subway Line to Yurakucho Station. Once you arrive, please take the Ginza Exit. Turn right from the Ginza Exit and go straight and you will see Hankyu on your left-hand side.
If you have trouble, please show any staff this Kanji (Japanese)
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
The food tour strictly starts on time. The tour will start regardless of the guests arrived during departure time (or later than that) and no refund shall be given. This is to fully make use of time and to guarantee that in every food stop, not only the guests will enjoy but our restaurant partners as well.