Dine and drink like a local in this unforgettable food tour. Start off your night entering the amazing labyrinth that is Shinbashi and explore the streets around. You will soon find yourself in four different food stops that serve authentic Japanese dishes alongside bottles of sake (rice wine) and good conversations with fellow travelers. You will continue to wind down the road visiting favorite izakaya bars and local eateries and being surrounded by working class people unwinding over beers and skewers. It’s a great tour and it will help you understand and learn the culture that Japanese people hold. Great for couples and friends, you get to interact with everybody. End the tour with a delicious dessert and hold memories that you will never forget.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Know your way around Shinbashi’s labyrinth with a local guide
- Visit four stops that include okonomiyaki, four local dishes, and a dessert
- Dine with working class people and experience a different nightlife
- Sample dishes made especially for you
- Enjoy a special dessert called taiyaki
- Travel around and explore the streets of Shinbashi like a local
What is Included in the Price:
- One refreshment
- Four food stops with one dessert included
Minimum of 2 adults (20 years of age and older). If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Mainly a business and entertainment district in Tokyo, Shinbashi is a safe haven for most working-class heroes who are in for a great time drinking beers and sharing thoughtful conversations. With its endless rows and narrow alleys, you’ll find yourself in an amazing maze with a diverse choice of places to eat, drink, and rest. It features the famous Steam Locomotive Place or SL Plaza, a model steam train manufactured in 1945. Attractive and one of a kind, SL Place is usually a meeting point for most people. A little down the street behind SL Place, you will also find Kasumori Shrine, a beautiful modern looking shrine that has a local festival every second May and features both traditional and contemporary designs in it. Shinbashi, like most cities in Japan, is a high fashion shopping district which houses both local and international stores. And because of its location, Shinbashi is also within walking distance to other tourist attractions like Hibiya Park, Tarakazuka Theater, and a little further south, the famous and colorful Tokyo Tower.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
2-7-1 Shinbashi. Meeting point is in front of the decommissioned Steam Engine on the side with the statue of the three ladies.
Meeting time is at 4:15 pm. The event starts at 4:30 pm and ends at 7:30 pm.
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
- This tour is limited to adults of at least 20 years old, as the tour includes bars and izakayas.
- The food tour strictly starts on time. The tour will start regardless of the guests arrived during departure time (or later than that) and no refund shall be given. This is to fully make use of time and to guarantee that in every food stop, not only the guests will enjoy but our restaurant partners as well.