On this Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl, you’ll find yourself experiencing Japan’s unique drinking culture while elbow-to-elbow with locals. Popularly known for being two of the liveliest places in Tokyo, Shinjuku and Ebisu’s bright lights and vigorous nightlife will surely electrify anyone who’s looking for something new and refreshing. You’re bound to make great memories with new friends. The night is young and laughter flows as easily as drinks; this Tokyo bar and pub crawl is one to remember.
What’s truly interesting and magical about Tokyo is its wonderful old-school back alleys, popularly known as a yokocho. Found all over the city, these tiny, narrow spaces are a haven for people who seek a drink and some solace, away from the boisterous side of the city. This tour covers the truly old-school back alleys of Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho. Starting in “Piss Alley” or Omoide Yokocho, you will visit two izakayas and get a taste of authentic local dishes like delicious yakitori, grilled seafood, and vegetables.
Of course, let’s not forget the drinks. Drink up while sharing thoughtful conversations at Tokyo bars and pubs with other visitors and locals. After that, enjoy a livelier night in Ebisu Yokocho with its tiny spaces and narrow streets. Crowded with young Japanese people, especially at night, you can find some of the best cheap izakayas in Ebisu Yokocho with their locals-only food joints that will surely win your heart over as well as your stomach. You’ll visit a bar reserved especially for you and interact with fellow tourists and locals as you play local games and quizzes while munching on skewers. Singing is also encouraged as a musician plays in the izakaya, and will probably let you hit the higher notes in the songs.
Highlights of the Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl Tour:
- A 3-hour tour of Tokyo bars and nightlife covering some of the hole-in-the-wall and back-alley bars in Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho
- Enjoy the Tokyo bar and pub crawl with 3 food stops
- Munch on authentic Japanese dishes and local street foods, and shout “kanpai!” with visitors and locals
- Participate in local games, quizzes, and sing along with musicians while chatting with fellow tourists and locals
- 3 drinks and 3 dishes (selection from our menu)
- Explore 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide
- Drinking culture tips from the local tour guide
- Photos taken during the tour
- A souvenir sake cup to take away with you
- A drink at the last bar (one drink order per person required)
- Transportation fee to and from the event location
Groups of up to 8 people are welcome.
Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho: Humorously known as “Piss Alley,” Omoide Yokocho is a collection of everything food and drinks with its cheap restaurants and affordable izakayas. You can find food joints selling hot skewers of meat, izakayas offering affordable and classic beverages, and cafés where you can discover your new favorite coffee. A survivor, Omoide Yokocho has withstood frequent fires over the years and is one of the best attractions in Shinjuku. But if you’re looking for something fun and lively, Ebisu Yokocho is for you. With its bustling streets filled with rows of restaurants and Tokyo bars, you’ll find yourself literally surrounded by everything in between. You might feel extra cozy with your companion or a stranger in a restaurant due to the tiny space, but we guarantee that it’s one of the best ways to interact with locals and turn strangers into friends.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of the Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl Tour is in front of Uniqlo Shinjuku Nishiguchi shop, which is a three-minute walk from JR Shinjuku Station West Exit.
Starting times are 17:00, 18:00, and 19:00. Please refer to your selected reservation booking time.
Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts. The tour takes about 3 hours, on average.
Additional Information from the Organizer:
Please keep in mind these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and enjoyable night:
- There’s a strict rule that only a person 20 years of age or older can drink alcohol
- Do bring cash since some of the restaurants and izakayas don’t accept credit and debit cards
- Do remember that you don’t need to pay for the guide’s foods and drinks
The Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl Tour starts strictly on time. The tour will start even if guests arrive at or after the departure time, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant and bar partners, and the tour guide’s time.