On this Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl, you’ll find yourself experiencing Japan’s unique drinking culture while elbow-to-elbow with locals. Popularly known for being two of the liveliest places in Tokyo, Shinjuku and Ebisu’s bright lights and vigorous nightlife will surely electrify anyone who’s looking for something new and refreshing.
This tour covers the truly old-school back alleys of Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho. Starting in “Piss Alley” or Omoide Yokocho, you will visit two izakayas and get a taste of authentic local dishes like delicious yakitori, grilled seafood, and vegetables. Of course, let’s not forget the drinks. Drink up while sharing thoughtful conversations over drinks with other visitors and locals. After that, enjoy a livelier night in Ebisu Yokocho with its tiny spaces and narrow streets. Crowded with young Japanese people, especially at night, you can find some of the best cheap izakayas in Ebisu Yokocho with their locals-only food joints that will surely win your heart over in addition to your stomach. You’ll visit a bar reserved especially for you and interact with fellow tourists and locals as you play local games and quizzes while munching on skewers. Singing is also encouraged as a musician plays in the izakaya, and will probably let you hit the higher notes in the songs.
You’re bound to make great memories with new friends. The night is young and laughter flows as easily as drinks; this Tokyo pub crawl is one to remember.
Highlights of the Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl Tour:
- A three-hour pub crawl that covers some of the hole-in-the-wall and back alley bars in Tokyo: Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho
- Enjoy the Tokyo pub crawl with three food stops
- Munch on authentic local dishes and street foods, and shout “kanpai!” with visitors and locals
- Participate in local games, quizzes, and sing along with musicians while chatting with fellow tourists and locals
What is Included in the Price:
- 3 drinks and 3 dishes (select from our menu)
- Explore 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide
- Drinking culture tips from the local tour guide
- A souvenir sake cup
What is not Included in the Price:
- A drink at the last bar (one drink order per person required)
Groups of up to 8 people are welcome.
What’s truly interesting and magical about Tokyo is its wonderful old-school back alleys which are popularly known as yokocho. Found all over the city, these tiny, narrow spaces are a haven for people who seek solace from the boisterous side of the city. Most of these yokochos have been around for years and recently have become a trendy spot for chic new restaurants and pubs, a hit with both locals and tourists. Two of the most well-known yokochos are Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho.
Humorously known as “Piss Alley,” Omoide Yokocho is a collection of everything food and drinks with its cheap restaurants and affordable izakayas. You can find food joints selling hot skewers of meat, izakayas offering affordable and classic beverages, and cafés where you can discover your new favorite coffee. A survivor, Omoide Yokocho has withstood frequent fires over the years and is one of the best attractions on Shinjuku. But if you’re looking for something fun and lively, Ebisu Yokocho is for you. With its bustling streets and rows of restaurants, you’ll find yourself literally surrounded by everything in between. You might feel a little contact with your companion or a stranger in a restaurant because of the tiny space, but we guarantee that it’s one of the best ways to interact with locals and turn strangers into friends.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of the Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl Tour is in front of Uniqlo Shinjuku Nishiguchi shop, which is a three-minute walk from JR Shinjuku Station West Exit.
Starting times are 17:00, 18:00, and 19:00. Refer to your selected reservation booking time. Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts. The tour takes about 3 hours, on average.
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
Please keep in mind these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and enjoyable night:
- There’s a strict rule that only a person 20 years of age or older can drink alcohol
- Do bring cash since some of the restaurants and izakayas don’t accept credit and debit cards
- Do remember that you don’t need to pay for the guide’s foods and drinks
- Free date/time change in 4 hours up to the tour starting time (depending on availability)
- If you make a cancelation after the starting time or are a no show, you will be charged 100% of the tour charge
- The Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl Tour starts strictly on time. The tour will start even if guests arrive at or after the departure time, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant and bar partners, and the tour guide’s time.