Drinking, next to eating, is a dip in the pool of an exciting venture and in this great Tokyo pub crawl tour, experience one of the unique cultures of drinking in local places. Popularly known for being one of the liveliest places in Tokyo, Shinjuku and Ebisu’s bright lights and vigorous nightlife will surely electrify anyone who’s looking for something new and refreshing.
Covering the old-school back alleys of Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho, belly up as you start the tour in the famous “piss alley” or Omoide Yokocho where you will visit two izakayas and have a taste of authentic local dishes like the delicious yakitori, grilled seafood, and vegetables. Of course, let’s not forget the drinks. Always a celebration, drink up while sharing thoughtful conversations over drinks with the locals. After that, enjoy a livelier night in Ebisu Yokocho with its tiny spaces and narrow streets. Mostly crowded at nights with young Japanese people, you can find some of the best cheap izakayas in Ebisu Yokocho with their locals-only food joints that will surely win your heart. You’ll visit a bar reserved especially for you and interact with fellow tourists and locals as you play local games and quizzes while munching on skewers. Singing is also encouraged as a musician plays in the izakaya and will probably let you hit the higher notes in the songs.
Bound to make great memories, the night is young with laughter, good foods and drinks with great people, this Tokyo pub crawl is one to remember.
Highlights of the Tokyo Izakaya Pub Crawl Tour:
- A three-hour pub crawl that covers some of the most hole-in-the-walls back alleys in Tokyo: Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho
- Enjoy Tokyo pub crawl with three food stops, munch on authentic local dishes and street foods, and a celebration of drinks
- Participate in local games, quizzes, and sing along with musician while having a great time interacting with fellow tourists and locals
What is Included in the Price:
- 3 drinks & 3 dishes (you can select from our menu)
- Hopping 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide
- Sake cup as the gift
- Photos during the tour
What is not Included in the Price:
- Drinks & food at the last bar (one drink order per person required)
- Train ticket fee 160JPY ($1.5)
No minimum people required. Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
What’s truly interesting and magical about Tokyo is its wonderful old-school back alleys which are popularly known as yokocho. Found all over the city, these tiny, narrow spaces are a haven for people who seek solace from the boisterous side of the city. Most of these yokochos have been around for years and recently have become a trendy spot for chic, new restaurants and pubs, making it a hit for both locals and tourists. Two of the most known yokochos are Omoide Yokocho and Ebisu Yokocho.
Also known as “piss alley”, which may sound strange, Omoide Yokocho is a collection of everything food and drinks with its cheap restaurants and affordable izakayas. You can find food joints selling delicious, hot skewers, izakayas with their affordable drinks, and cafés where you’ll have a taste of your favorite quality coffee. A survivor, Omoide Yokocho stands and fought frequent fires over the years and is one of the best attractions on Shinjuku. But if you’re looking for something fun and lively, Ebisu Yokocho is for you. With its bustling streets with rows of restaurants, you’ll find yourself literally surrounded by everything in between. You might feel a little contact with your companion or a stranger in a restaurant because of the tiny space the place provide but we guarantee you that it’s one of the best ways to interact with people and meet strangers turned friends.
A microcosm of Tokyo with its busy mornings and lively evenings, containing almost everything from great dining destinations to high-end shopping districts, upmarket hotels to offices and prestigious universities, yokochos are great places to start.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of Tokyo izakaya pub crawl tour is in front of Uniqlo Shinjuku Nishiguchi shop, which is a three-minute walk from JR Shinjuku Station West Exit.
Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts. The tour takes about 3 hours on average.
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
Please keep in mind to remember these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and enjoyable night:
- There’s a strict rule that only a person 20 years of age can drink alcohol
- Do bring cash since some of the restaurants and izakayas don’t accept credit and debit cards
- Do remember that you don’t need to pay for the guide’s foods and drinks
- Free date/time change in 4 hours up to the tour starting time
- Cancellation after the starting time* or no show, you will be charged 100% of the tour charge
*Time in Japan Standard Time