This Extravaganza Sushi Making Class in Tokyo will teach you how to make traditional Nigiri and Maki sushi. After all of your hard work learning to make these traditional types of sushi, you get to have a fun time eating them!
As you learn, you will be given tips and tricks for making sushi on your own at home. You can enjoy some green tea and miso soup while your instructors teach you about the history and culture of sushi in Japan. By the time you have finished this three-hour class, you will be an expert on sushi!
Your instructors are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years and Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are not so common in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind and will make sure that your experience is one of a kind.
Menu for Extravaganza Sushi Making Class:
- Nigiri sushi (Tuna, salmon, sea bream, scallop, sweet shrimp, pickled mackerel, chopped Toro (fatty tuna), Other seasonal fishes)
- Roll sushi
- California roll sushi
- Green tea
- Miso soup
- Japanese sweets
Highlights of Extravaganza Sushi Making Class:
- Taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Rental Samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you learn!
- A certificate with a picture that proves you did it
- Learn how to make sushi rice
- Learn how to slice fish
- Learn how to make nigiri sushi
- Learn how to roll sushi
- Meeting time: 11:50 am
- This class runs for three hours from 12:00 to 15:00
No Minimum. Maximum of 6 people.
Event place and access:
Extravaganza Sushi Making Class takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
Meeting point is JR Meguro Station “Central Gate”.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place