Nihonbashi, which literally means Japan Bridge, is said to be the center of Japan and has enjoyed commercial prosperity over centuries. Many of the shops built around the district have been operating since the Edo period and while technology and urbanization have been taking place in many parts of the country, some of the landmarks remained the same. It is home to Japan’s first ever built department store, Mitsukoshi Nihonbashi, and also houses several other shopping stores and museums. But of course, it is also home to some of the best dishes served in the country. In this Tokyo food tour, you will take a deeper look into how Japanese people prepare and make their dishes. We all know how careful they are with their food, noticing even the smallest of details and making sure that everything’s in their proper place and order. You will visit eight food stops which showcase regional Japanese cuisines, sample delicious dishes and participate in an authentic activity called wagashi, where a wagashi master will help and teach you how to make these delicious dessert dishes.
As you end the tour, you will enjoy a wonderful time visiting an amazing green tea shop where you will have a taste of top-notch quality green tea and can even bring home some souvenirs if you would like. This food tour is perfect for those who like to learn and understand more about how Japanese dishes are made.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Enjoy a three-hour food tour in one of Tokyo’s famous district, Nihonbashi
- Have a new sense of appreciation of Japanese food and the way they prepare their dishes with so much finesse and care
- Eight food stops which showcase a variety of different dishes and tea from different regions
- Sample food like dashi (Japanese soup stock), tamagoyaki (egg roll), anago (salt water eel), kamaboko (fish cake), katsuoboshi (fish flakes), satsumaimo (sweet fried potatoes) and wagashi (Japanese dessert).
- Visit local shops such as the oldest fruit shop and stationery shop in the district
- Have a hearty and scrumptious lunch meal with your choice of dish
- End with a unique and lovely tea tasting of seasonal and artisanal green and black teas at a one-of-a-kind shop. Not like any other tea shop in Japan!
Upon booking, kindly let us know which lunch menu you’d like to have in the order notes:
1. Grilled Fish
2. Chicken Sukiyaki
What is Included in the Price:
- Eight food stops with refreshment included
- You will be given a time for shopping
- Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony
Minimum of 2 people. If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
1 Chome-7-1 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chūō-ku, Tōkyō-to 103-0022. It is in front of Starbucks, close to Nihonbashi Bridge. Meeting time is at 9:45 a.m. The event starts exactly at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 1:00 p.m.
The nearest stations are Mitsukoshimae Station which is just under the COREDO buildings. You can either use Ginza Line or Hanzomon Line to get there. Once you get to the Mitsukoshimae Station. Please follow guidance to Nihonbashi Bridge or Nihonbashi Station on the other side of the bridge, about 8 mins walk.
You can copy and paste this to Google Maps:
1 Chome-7-1 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chūō-ku, Tōkyō-to 103-0022
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
The food tour strictly starts on time. The tour will start regardless if the guests arrived during departure time (or later than that) and no refunds shall be given. This is to fully make use of time and to guarantee that in every food stop, not only the guests will enjoy but our restaurant partners as well.