Japan is known for its wondrous foods and for its people eating an infamously healthy diet that is somehow still so tasty. Prepare to cleanse your body (but in a delicious kind of way), this Healthy Detox Full-Course Meal Cooking Class will teach you how to make a healthy, hearty, traditional Japanese full-course meal. Consisting of tonjiru, gomae, and kimpira, this Japanese cooking class is a great opportunity to learn about the ingredients and preparation techniques of healthy Japanese food in-depth, while learning about Japanese culture as you go!
Tonjiru is a very traditional home cooking soup that can be a main dish as well as a side, because it includes both meat and vegetables. It’s an easy dish to make and, like most Japanese dishes, it’s incredibly delicious. Gomae is a green vegetable (often spinach) with sesame sauce, while kinpira is burdock and carrots in sweet soy sauce. Both gomae and kinpira are traditional Japanese side dishes that you can make for yourself in this healthy Japanese cooking class, where you’ll also get five kinds of traditional grain rice to pair with these dishes. Enjoy tasting Japanese tea and dining upon your healthy, home-cooked delights, which you can enjoy at home using your recipes as souvenirs. Simple yet delicious, these dishes are healthy and fun to make.
Your instructors for this Japanese cooking class are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years as well as Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are quite uncommon in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind, and will make sure that your Healthy Detox Full-Course Meal Cooking Class experience is one you’ll never forget!
Highlights of a Healthy Detox Full-Course Meal Cooking Class:
- Japanese cooking class taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Learn about healthy home cooking in Japan and how to cook tonjiru, gomae, and kinpara
- Rental samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you learn!
- Taste different Japanese teas
- Compare 5 different types of delicious rice grains
- A 2.5-hour Healthy Detox Full-Course Meal Cooking Class
- Expertise from two experienced chefs
- Cooking tools and ingredients provided
- Recipes you can take home with you!
- Tonjiru (traditional pork and vegetables in miso soup)
- Gomae (traditional green vegetable with sesame sauce)
- Kinpira (traditional burdock and carrot in a sweet soy sauce)
- 5 kinds of grain rice
- Japanese sweets
- Japanese tea tasting
- Transportation fees to and from the event location
Maximum of 6 people.
Meeting Location and Time:
The meeting point is at the JR Meguro Station’s “Central Gate” at 10:50 a.m. The class takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place