Japan is known for its wondrous foods and an intrinsically healthy diet that is somehow still so tasty. Prepare to cleanse your body (but in a delicious kind of way); this Healthy Detox Full-Course Japanese Cooking Class will teach you how to make a healthy, hearty, traditional Japanese full-course meal. Consisting of tonjiru, gomae, and kinpira, this Japanese cooking class is a great opportunity to learn about the ingredients and preparation techniques of healthy Japanese food in-depth, while learning about Japanese culture as you go!
Tonjiru is a very traditional homemade soup that can be a main dish as well as a side because it includes both meat and vegetables. It’s an easy dish to make and, like most Japanese dishes, it’s incredibly delicious. Gomae is a green vegetable (often spinach) with sesame sauce, while kinpira is burdock root and carrots in sweet soy sauce. Both gomae and kinpira are traditional Japanese side dishes that you can make for yourself in this healthy Japanese cooking class. You’ll also get five kinds of traditional grain rice to pair with these dishes. Enjoy tasting Japanese tea and dining upon your healthy, home-cooked delights, which you can enjoy at home using your recipes as souvenirs. Simple yet delicious, these dishes are healthy and fun to make.
Your instructors for this healthy Japanese cooking class are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years as well as Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are quite uncommon in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind, and will make sure that your Healthy Detox Full-Course Japanese Cooking Class experience is one you’ll never forget!
Highlights of a Healthy Detox Full-Course Japanese Cooking Class:
- Enjoy healthy Japanese cooking class taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Learn about healthy home cooking in Japan and how to cook tonjiru, gomae, and kinpira
- Rental samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you learn!
- Taste different Japanese teas
- Compare 5 different types of delicious rice grains
- A 2.5-hour Healthy Detox Full-Course Japanese Cooking Class
- Expertise from two experienced chefs
- Cooking tools and ingredients provided
- Recipes you can take home with you!
- Tonjiru (traditional pork and vegetables in miso soup)
- Gomae (traditional green vegetable with sesame sauce)
- Kinpira (traditional burdock and carrot in a sweet soy sauce)
- 5 kinds of grain rice
- Japanese wagashi sweets
- Japanese tea tasting
- Transportation fees to and from the event location
Maximum of 6 people.
Meguro: The inner south area of Meguro has a quaint local community that’s central enough, but not quite in the thick of chaotic city life. Meguro Station is conveniently located between Shibuya and Shinagawa on the JR Yamanote Line and is also intersected by the subway, making for a considerable transit hub to well-connect this residential area. Surrounded by a cluster of restaurants and bars which trickle down through Meguro Dori Street, cherry blossoms line the canal along Meguro River, a popular spot for hanami season in spring. Follow the river to the west and you’ll end up at the trendy bars and hipster cafes of Nakameguro, where the ward stretches as far as Yutenji and Tokyo’s little Europe in Jiyugaoka. Meguro is home to 500 Buddha statues in Daienji Temple, as well as the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography and the Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum, alongside the much more unusual Meguro Parasitological Museum.
Meeting Location and Time:
- Please be reminded to come to the class on time
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place