This healthy detox full-course meal cooking class will teach you how to make a healthy, hearty, traditional Japanese full-course meal consisting of Tonjiru, Gomae, and Kimpira.
Tonjiru is a very traditional home cooking soup that can be a main dish because it includes both meat and vegetables. It is an easy dish to make and like most Japanese dishes it is incredibly delicious. Gomae is a green vegetable (often spinach) with sesame sauce and Kinpira is burdock and carrots in sweet soy sauce. Both Gomae and Kinpira are traditional Japanese side dishes. You will also get five kinds of traditional grain rice to pair with these dishes.
Your instructors are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years and Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are not so common in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind and will make sure that your experience is one of a kind.
Menu for Healthy Detox Full-Course Meal Cooking Class:
- Tonjiru (traditional pork and vegetables miso soup)
- Gomae (traditional green vegetable with sesame sauce)
- Kinpira (traditional burdock and carrot in sweet soy sauce)
- 5 kinds of grain rice
- Japanese sweets
- Japanese tea tasting
Highlights of Healthy Detox Full-Course Meal Cooking Class:
- Taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Rental Samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you learn!
- A certificate with a picture that proves you did it
- Learn how to make Tonjiru
- Learn how to make Gomae
- Learn how to make Kinpira
- Meeting time: 10:50
- This class runs for two and a half hours from 11:00 to 13:30
No Minimum. Maximum of 6 people.
Event place and access:
Healthy Detox Full-Course Meal Cooking Class takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
Meeting point is JR Meguro Station “Central Gate”.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place