Sushi is enjoyed all over the world because it is cheap and delicious. However, not many people know the art form that is making sushi. In this Brown Rice Sushi Making Class in Tokyo, you will learn the skills required to make fresh and healthy sushi at home on your own using genmai brown rice. Brown rice is a much healthier alternative to the white rice we normally see in sushi. By opting for a healthier base, your sushi will be healthier overall and allows you to customize your sushi just how you like it. You will no longer have to wait in long lines at lunchtime just to get a roll of sushi that has been prepared quickly and without individual dietary considerations.
You will be learning how to make maki roll sushi from an easy inside-out-roll and also how to make traditional authentic thin maki rolls. This course also teaches you how to make easy and tasty Temari sushi as well.
While you are learning all of this, you will have miso soup and green tea to keep you going. Your instructors are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years and Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are not so common in Japan.
Menu for the Brown Rice Sushi Making Class in Tokyo:
- Temari Sushi of Salmon and Tuna
- Inside out maki roll sushi (Salmon Cheese California roll)
- Maki roll sushi (Tuna, omelet, cucumber, etc.)
- Healthy rice mixed with genmai brown rice
- Miso soup
- Green tea
Highlights of the Brown Rice Sushi Making Class in Tokyo:
- Taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Rental Samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you learn!
- A certificate with a picture that proves you did it
- Learn how to slice fish for sushi
- Learn how to make sushi maki roll
- Learn how to make temari sushi
- Meeting time: 11:50 am
- This class runs for three hours from 12:00 to 15:00
No Minimum. Maximum of 6 people.
Event place and access:
Brown Rice Sushi Making Class takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
Meeting point is JR Meguro Station “Central Gate”.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place