If you’ve come to Japan then you have definitely already tried sushi, an unmissable Japanese food. Maybe at home or maybe you’ve already eaten some local sushi in Tokyo, but you’ll definitely find that sushi in Japan is totally different from sushi in a western country.
In this Homemade Sushi Making Class in Tokyo, you’ll get to watch and learn how to make sushi from scratch and then give it a go yourself. You’ll learn about the history of sushi and different styles, as well as local ingredients and tips on preparation techniques. The class is offered in English so there’s no need to worry about not knowing too much Japanese, you can easily learn about sushi and Japanese culture as you go. All of the ingredients are provided for you, so you just have to bring your enthusiasm and your willingness to learn!
After you have mastered the art of making your own homemade sushi you get to sit down and enjoy eating it for yourself. This Homemade Sushi Making Class in Tokyo is not to be missed, plus it’s a great skill to take home with you from Japan. You’ll be able to show off your sushi making skills and treat your friends and family to a sushi party!
Highlights of Homemade Sushi Making Class in Tokyo:
- Learn to make various types of sushi such as nigiri, inari, hosomaki (thin roll), and California roll
- Make your own homemade sushi, guided by an English-speaking cooking instructor
- At the end of each class, you get to eat the sushi you have made with a side of miso soup
- A 3-hour homemade sushi making class
- English-speaking Japanese cooking instructor
- Ingredients for making various types of sushi
- Utensils and tools to make various types of sushi
- Complimentary green tea
- Rolled egg
- Sushi Rice
- Inari Sushi
- Tuna Roll
- Cucumber Roll
- California Roll
- Nigiri Sushi
- Miso Soup
- Transportation fee to and from the cooking class location
Maximum 8 people
Meeting Time and Meeting Location:
The meeting point is at the cooking class location.
The cooking studio is located in Shinanomachi in Tokyo. Detailed instructions will be shared upon booking.
- 5-minutes from JR Shinanomachi Station
- 10-minutes from Yotsuya San-chome Station on the Marunouchi subway line
- For vegetarian customers, fish can be replaced with vegetables and other ingredients
- Other dietary requirements can be accommodated for
- Children under 5 are free of charge
- Upon booking, you can expect a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place