With its glistening luster after it’s cooked, teriyaki is simply the kind of dish that everyone seems to love. You can opt by using protein or seafood as your main ingredient and still get the same best result of its sweet and savory flavor that coats your tongue and entice your sense of taste. Teriyaki is the art of cooking your ingredients using a glaze which is composed of soy sauce, sugar, and mirin, and is cooked by either grilling or broiling. Traditionally, teriyaki is done by dipping or brushing the glaze several times so the flavor will seep through the ingredient and make it more flavorful. Nowadays, teriyaki is seen not only in main dishes but in burgers and pastas! In this cooking class, you will get to try for yourself the wonders of cooking your dish teriyaki style.
Composed of two delectable dishes which come with miso soup:
- Teriyaki Grill with your choice of chicken, fish, or tofu.
- Two side dishes – dashi maki tamago or Japanese rolled egg and vegetables that are in season with sesame sauce.
- Learn how to make a versatile sauce that can be used for teriyaki and other dishes
- Learn how to make miso soup using dashi (fish stock) from scratch
- Learn how to prepare Japanese style steamed rice
- Enjoy the creations you’ve made with complimentary dessert and a choice of coffee or tea for drink
Minimum of two, maximum of four participants.
If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
All classes are held in a private residence. It’s a 5-minute walk from Fudomae Station (Metro -Mita line or Nanboku line) and a 10-minute walk from Meguro Station (JR Yamanote Line). The exact location and address of the said residence will be given upon the confirmation of your attendance.
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
- Please be reminded to come to the class on time
- As the house is not childproof, toddlers under the age of 4 are not allowed
- This is a smoke-free residence. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated