In this Japanese Tea Tasting Class in Tokyo, you will get to experience and enjoy the different colors and flavors of Japanese tea with Japanese crackers and pickled vegetables. You will learn about the effect each different tea has and their individual health benefits. While you are learning this, you will also learn about the history of Japanese tea. This class offers the experience of a matcha tea ceremony with Japanese sweets.
Tea is an important part of Japanese culture and if you have ever seen a Japanese anime you have most likely encountered a character that is obsessed with tea or a wise old man that insists tea will heal everything. In this class, you have an opportunity to learn why these tropes exist as Japanese tea is incredibly healthy and beneficial to both body and spirit.
Your instructors are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years and Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are not so common in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind and will make sure that your experience is one of a kind.
Menu for Japanese Tea Tasting Class:
- Green tea
- Hojicha (roasted green tea)
- Genmai cha (tea with roasted rice)
- Ume konbucha (tea made of powdered kelp and pickled plum) or Mugicha (barley tea)
- Gobo cha (Burdock tea)
- Soba cha (Buckwheat tea)
- Matcha green tea
- Japanese sweets
- Japanese crackers
- Pickled vegetables
Highlights of the Japanese Tea Tasting Class:
- Taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Rental Samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you learn!
- A certificate with a picture that proves you did it
- Learn about the history of Japanese tea
- Matcha green tea ceremony experience with Japanese sweets
- 6 different kinds of Japanese tea tasting with Japanese crackers and pickled vegetables
- Meeting time: 12:50 am
- This class runs for two hours from 13:00-15:00
No Minimum. Maximum of 5 people.
Event place and access:
Japanese Tea Tasting Class takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
Meeting point is JR Meguro Station “Central Gate”.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place