Tea-lovers, this is the food experience for you! In this Japanese Tea Tasting in Tokyo, you will get to experience and enjoy the flavors of a variety of Japanese tea alongside Japanese sweets and snacks. You will learn about the health benefits of each type, from matcha tea to mugicha (barley tea) and will hear about the history of Japanese tea. You’ll also get the chance to enjoy a casual version of a matcha tea ceremony alongside Japanese sweets!
An important part of Japanese culture, tea is incredibly healthy and beneficial to both body and spirit. Amid the bustle of busy Tokyo and its many tourist attractions, this Japanese tea tasting experience is a fantastic time to relax and quiet your mind, focusing on the mindful act of tasting tea, and experiencing the restorative warm aromas and abundant health benefits.
The instructors for this Japanese tea tasting are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years and Itamae in Tokyo for seven years. As female sushi chefs are very uncommon in Japan, this is an incredible accomplishment, and they have a wealth of knowledge to share about Japanese cuisine. Incredibly intelligent and kind, Ayumi and Shihomi will make sure that your tea tasting experience is one of a kind.
Highlights of the Japanese Tea Tasting:
- Taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Matcha green tea ceremony experience with Japanese sweets
- Tasting of several types of Japanese tea
- Wear a samue (traditional work uniform)
- Learn about the history of Japanese tea
- Learn about the health benefits of different types of tea
- Receive a certificate with a photo that proves you’re a Japanese tea expert!
- Expert insights from two experienced chefs
- Tasting of several different types of tea
- Casual Japanese tea ceremony experience
- Menu (below)
- Japanese green tea
- Hojicha (roasted green tea)
- Genmai cha (tea with roasted rice)
- Ume kobu cha (powdered kelp and pickled plum tea) or mugicha (barley tea)
- Gobo cha (burdock tea)
- Soba cha (buckwheat tea)
- Matcha green tea
- Japanese sweets
- Japanese snacks
- Transportation fees to and from the event location
Maximum of 5 people.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is JR Meguro Station “Central Gate.”
The meeting time is 1:20 p.m. This class runs for 2 hours from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Additional Information from the Organizer:
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place