Often found in convenience stores, train stations, and even restaurants, bento will always be one of Japan’s most convenient lunches. In this cooking class in Tokyo, you will learn a very special type of bento: Shokado bento. It is served in a square box that is separated into four compartments. This sophisticated bento is developed from the Kaiseki Cuisine of Kyoto. While learning the background of Shokado bento, you will have a chance to prepare and make delicious Japanese dishes and arrange them to your liking. After making your very own bento, you will enjoy it with complimentary matcha green tea or sake.
Highlight and Content of the Shokado Bento Cooking Class:
- Prepare and make Shokado bento from scratch
- Make Japanese dishes including:
- Special cooked rice
- No MSG or additives
- Get complimentary matcha green tea or sake
No minimum people required. Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Event place and access:
The event place is located in between historical Asakusa and Kappabashi Kitchen Town. The exact location and video guide for accessing the place will be provided upon the booking.
- 5-minute walk from Tawaramachi, Metro Ginza line
- 5-minute walk from Asakusa station on Tsukuba Express
- 13-minute walk from Asakusa subway station on Toei Asakusa line
If you let us know at least 2 weeks in advance in Japanese time, your application will be canceled without any charge. If you do not provide advance notice, you will be 50% charged(13 to 7 days prior to the class) or you will be 100% charged and nonrefundable (After that of any date).
- Meeting point is at the event’s place.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place