Most people don’t know that Asakusa is the birthplace of ramen in Tokyo and did you know that you can cook from dashi soup as well? This genius dish has been around and is hailed as one of Japan’s best inventions. In this ramen and gyoza class in Asakusa, you will gain knowledge about how to prepare and make ramen from scratch. Not only that, also learn about the wonderful and genius take on preparing and making gyoza, frying it to its perfect and crispy exterior. Aside from that, get inside tips and cook like a true local!
Highlight and content of the class:
- Prepare and make ramen and gyoza from scratch
- All ingredients are available to use for the recipes
- No MSG or additives
- Get complimentary tea or sake
Schedule for the class:
Classes are divided into introduction and preparation in the first 30 minutes and the next 90 minutes is where you enjoy the creations you’ve made.
- Morning class from 11 am to 1 pm
- Afternoon class from 4 pm to 6 pm
Event place and access:
The event place is located in between historical Asakusa and Kappabashi Kitchen Town. The exact location and video guide for accessing the place will be provided upon the booking.
- 5-minute walk from Tawaramachi, Metro Ginza line
- 5-minute walk from Asakusa station on Tsukuba Express
- 13-minute walk from Asakusa subway station on Toei Asakusa line
- Meeting point is at the event’s place.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place
Rickshaw Ride Plan (+￥4200/Person – Minimum 2 people)
Rickshaw stand is in front of the Kaminarimon Police box (View Map). Please come to the front of Kaminarimon Police box by 10:10 am (or 3:10 pm) and our Asakusa concierge will come pick you up. Enjoy 30 minutes tour riding on a Japanese traditional rickshaw with our concierge. Have a wonderful sightseeing in Asakusa while experiencing Japanese culture with your five senses. Lesson starts at 11:00 am or 4:00 pm.
Morning Entire Schedule:
10:10 am・Please gather in front of Kaminarimon Police box
10:20 am・Riding on a Japanese traditional rickshaw
10:50 am・Arrival at the cooking class
11:00 am・The cooking class starts
1:00 pm・After the cooking class, enjoy your time
Evening Entire Schedule:
3:10 pm・Please gather in front of Kaminarimon Police box
3:20 pm・Riding on a Japanese traditional rickshaw
3:50 pm・Arrival at the cooking class
4:00 pm・ The cooking class starts
6:00 pm・After the cooking class, enjoy your time