Tsukiji is known for being Tokyo’s favorite market. Though there has been a lot of movements that happened this year with most vendors moving to a new home in Toyosu, the beauty of Tsukiji remains and the hustle and bustle are still felt inside the old market. Tsujiki is not your ordinary market because it’s also home to some of the best food areas in town and this delicious local market tour will show you that. You get to see over 65 of the vendors who remained in Tsukiji, continuing family legacies. With our local guide, learn the rich history and background of the famous market starting from where it began. After that, enjoy a heavenly serving of mouth-watering breakfast at a local restaurant and sample some of the best local and regional dishes in Japan. End the tour with a serving of green tea with Japanese wagashi. It’s the perfect tour to go especially if you want to learn about the culture, history, and culinary adventures of Japan’s favorite market.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Visit the market building with over 65 vendors who remained in Tsukiji
- Learn the rich history of the area with a local guide
- Have a delicious breakfast at a local restaurant
- Enjoy food tastings in the Tsukiji Outer Market
- Explore the different types of regional food in Japan
- Indulge yourself with a serving of green tea accompanied with Japanese wagashi
What is Included in the Price:
- A four-hour market tour
- One refreshment
- Four food stops with 10 to 12 different side dishes
- A full Tsukiji specialty breakfast food
Minimum of 2 people. Great for families and friends. If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
2 Chome-12-6 Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0045. Meeting point is at Turret Coffee Shop.
Meeting time is at 8:45 a.m. The event starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 12:00 p.m.
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
The food tour strictly starts on time. The tour will start regardless of the guests arrived during departure time (or later than that) and no refund shall be given. This is to fully make use of time and to guarantee that in every food stop, not only the guests will enjoy but our restaurant partners as well.