Daytime can be busy and populated because of the influx of tourists taking pictures and getting familiar with the place but come night time and Asakusa’s streets change into a sight of lights and lively free bars. In this spectacular izakaya bar hopping in Asakusa, ready yourself as you visit one of Japan’s liveliest places and spend a night you will never forget.
Before the tour starts, your local guide will let you enjoy your time taking pictures of the picturesque backdrop of Kaminari Gate and Nakamise shopping street. Once you’re good to go, the izakaya bar hopping tour begins! First stop, an izakaya that specializes in okonomiyaki and monjayaki, two favorites among locals and tourists. Filling and delicious, this savory pancake dish is made normally with flour, cabbage, and other ingredients available at hand. Here, you will be taught how to cook your own okonomiyaki and monjayaki but worry not because you will be guided. After you had a filling dinner, second stop will be at a popular izakaya in Hoppy Street. Most locals dine and drink here and everyone is strongly recommended to try the iconic drink called Hoppy. It’s a special Japanese drink which tastes quite like beer but even better. And to cap off the eventful night, the third and final izakaya stop is located near the Asakusa Station where you will have few last drinks and food if you’re still feeling hungry.
Memorable and one for the books, this izakaya bar hopping in Asakusa will surely bring everyone’s young at heart.
Highlights of the Night Food Tour and Izakaya Bar Hopping in Asakusa:
- A three-hour izakaya pub crawl that covers some of the best backstreet lively bars in Asakusa
- With three food stops, belly up as you try authentic izakaya dishes and drink local drinks you won’t find anywhere else
- Get yourself cultured as you mingle with fellow tourists and locals
What is Included in the Price:
- 3 hours with a local guide
- Hopping 3 local izakaya bars
- A serving of Japanese sake at the last bar
- Sake cup as a gift
↓ Meeting in front of Kaminarimon Gate
↓ Monja & okonomiyaki izakaya
↓ Izakaya in Hoppy Street
↓ Drinking in Ninja Bar
↓ Return to Asakusa station
No minimum people required. Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Used to be Tokyo’s leading entertainment district, Asakusa is a place easily explored on foot. Other options such as renting a bicycle or riding a rickshaw, which is a popular activity, are recommended to get yourself easily acquainted with Asakusa. In here, you will find yourself in awe of all the beautiful temples you’re about to see. One of the most popular ones is Sensoji Temple which is adjacent to a popular shopping street, Nakamise Street. During the month of May, a festival called Sanja Matsuri is held in Asakusa Shrine which is near Sensoji Temple. Aside from the temples and shopping streets, you can also find other tourist attractions such as the beautiful Sumida Park located near the riverside where a long stretch of the road stood lovely cherry blossom trees with their petals falling on your head. There’s also the Sumida River Cruise where you can take the Tokyo Water Bus which operate sightseeing activities for the tourists. If you’re a foodie, you can find restaurants and hole-in-the-wall cheap thrills in Asakusa ranging from top-quality fine dining experiences to delicious encounters of street foods.
Asakusa is a place of varieties and one can find themselves more in love with the place the longer their stay and lingers in it.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of Asakusa Izakaya Bar Hopping Tour is in front of Kaminarimon Gate Sensoji, which is a three-minute walk from Ginza Line Asakusa Station Exit #1 and from there you will find a guide holding a sign that says “Tokyo Bar Hopping.”
Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts. The tour takes about 3 hours on average.
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
Please keep in mind to remember these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and enjoyable night:
- There’s a strict rule that only a person 20 years of age can drink alcohol
- Do bring cash since some of the restaurants and izakayas don’t accept credit and debit cards
- Do remember that you don’t need to pay for the guide’s foods and drinks
- You might need to buy at least one item from the menu during the tour since it’s a strict rule to some izakayas (most izakayas cost 1000 Yen to 2000 Yen)
- Free date/time change in 4 hours up to the tour starting time
- Cancellation after the starting time* or no show, you will be charged 100% of the tour charge
*Time in Japan Standard Time