Step back into a different timeline as you enjoy a different groove and feel in this Retro Shibuya Food Tour. Experience the local vibe that has been around for decades. Start of the night by visiting tachinomi, which are Japanese standing bars, and get to mingle with locals and tourists. Walk down the back streets of Shibuya and you will find yourself surrounded by the best places to purchase your souvenirs. Visit local food and drink stalls you won’t find anywhere else and get to try many different types of local dishes and drinks that will surely fill your belly happy. You will also get to visit an iconic ramen shop that has been around for over 60 years. And to cap off the night, enjoy an amazing surprise dessert to complete the evening experience.
Highlights of the Retro Shibuya Food Tour:
- A three-hour food and drink crawl in the back streets and hidden gems in Shibuya.
- Learn all about Shibuya and discover some of its special spots, dating back to the Showa era.
- Try local snacks of over 12 different types of dishes, including drinks and a dessert.
- Visit an old ramen shop which has been around for over 60 years.
- Witness the hustle and bustle of Shibuya where you will discover places you’ve never been before.
What is Included in the Price:
- 3-hour tour with a local guide.
- 4 local food stops.
- Sake and beer plus 3 other beverages.
- Over 12 different types of light dishes, including a dessert.
Minimum of 2 guests and strictly for Adults only. Age minimum is 20 years old. Single travelers, please contact us for the availability.
Event Location of Retro Shibuya Food Tour:
Shibuya is known for its fashion and culture centered for youth. It’s the birthplace of many iconic fashion trends where you will find more than a dozen major department stores and fashion boutiques. One of its famous attractions is the large intersection in front of the stations’ Hachiko Exit, where the famous Hachiko Statue stands. But aside from being a major fashion district, you can also find some of the best and hidden gems of restaurants, izakayas, and food and drink stalls here. Shibuya is one of Tokyo’s most colorful and busiest districts where it’s packed with the best shopping and dining experiences you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
2-2-1 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo-to. It is in front of the green Information Bus, near the Hachiko statue.
Make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
Please keep in mind to remember these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and enjoyable night:
- There’s a strict rule that only a person 20 years of age can drink alcohol.
- Wear comfortable shoes because there will be walking involved.