Tea has been around for thousands of years and is enjoyed by people all around the world. Japan is one of the countries that gives true importance to tea and the teamaking process. In the Saitama Sayama Tea Farm Tour, you get to enjoy the experience of picking your own tea leaves while wearing a traditional dress made especially for this occasion. You will learn where the leaves come from and how they are produced. After that, it’s tea making time! Make your own fresh hand rolled tea and tea leaves tempura, which is something you don’t get to see every day. This tour is perfect for those people who are enthusiastic about how the world of tea works and also a great tour to bond with family and friends.
Highlights of the Saitama Sayama Tea Farm Tour:
- Have a fun experience in this great tea farm tour in Sayama
- Wear a traditional dress as you go on tea picking
- Make a fresh hand rolled tea and tea leaves tempura that you will surely enjoy
What is Included in the Price
- 5-hour farm tour
- Tea making
- Traditional clothes for tea picking
- Tea leaves tempura
- Drinking 3 kinds of tea
What is not included in the Price:
- Transportation (It takes about 1200 yen + taxi to be shared)
Minimum of two people.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in front of the JR Takadanobaba Station Waseda Exit entrance area. Meeting time is at 8:45 a.m.
Sayama is known for being one of the settings in the popularly known movie, My Neighbor Totoro by Hayao Miyazaki. Local attractions such as Sayama Ski Area, an Indoor ski slope, and Sayama Inariyama Park are some of the places people visit when they are in Sayama. Along the way, you’ll see cute little cafés, spacious parks, and shade trees which are great for photographs because of its scenic and picturesque feeling. Mt. Fuji, as well as the Okutama and Chichibu Rangers, are seen on clear winter days when you’re in the lake embankments. Sayama is a place where you can spend some quiet time alone or with family and friends and enjoy the beauty and awe of nature.
- Please make sure you arrive 10-15 minutes early for this tour so that you do not miss out
- No refund will be provided if you arrive late to the tour as it will start on time regardless of your attendance.
- Please be reminded to bring cash for the transportation as it is not included in the price. You can leave anytime after the tour.
- The tour does not include lunch.