Tea has been around for thousands of years and is enjoyed by people all around the world, but Japan is one of the countries that gives true importance to tea and the tea-making process, culminating in the powerful ritual of the Japanese tea ceremony. During the Saitama Sayama Tea Farm Tour, you get to enjoy the experience of picking your own tea leaves while wearing a traditional dress made especially for this occasion. You will learn where the leaves come from and how they are produced. After that, it’s tea making time! Make your own fresh hand-rolled tea and tea leaf tempura, which is something you don’t get to see every day. This tour is perfect for those people who are enthusiastic about how the world of tea works and also a great tour to bond with family and friends.
Highlights of the Saitama Sayama Tea Farm Tour:
- Explore a beautiful traditional tea farm in Sayama, Saitama
- Wear a traditional dress as you try your hand at tea picking
- Learn about the tea-making process from start to finish
- Make your own fresh, hand-rolled tea
- Enjoy some unique tea leaf tempura
- 5-hour farm tour
- Tea making experience
- Traditional clothes for tea picking
- Tea leaf tempura
- Tea tasting of 3 kinds of tea
Minimum of two people.
Sayama: Located in Saitama Prefecture, Sayama is known as the setting of a popular Studio Ghibli film, Hayao Miyazaki’s My Neighbor Totoro. Local attractions include Sayama Ski Resort (an indoor ski slope) and Sayama Inariyama Park. Full of cute little cafés, spacious parks, and tea fields, Sayama is a scenic and relaxing area where you can enjoy the beauty of nature.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in front of the JR Takadanobaba Station Waseda Exit entrance area. The meeting time is at 8:45 a.m.
- Please make sure you arrive 10-15 minutes early for this tour so that you do not miss out.
- Please be reminded to bring cash for transportation as it is not included in the price. You can leave any time after the tour
- Please note that the tour does not include lunch