Asakusa is most famous for its old temples and shrines and festive shopping districts. It used to be Tokyo’s leading entertainment district where you would find geishas. Geishas are traditional Japanese female entertainers who act hostesses to their guests. They are very much skilled with arts like playing instruments, dancing, their art of conversations, and playing games. In this one of kind event, you get to experience a different kind of night. You get to interact with beautiful geishas while they teach you to play a traditional game called ozashiki-asobi. You also get to have a taste of kikizake, a kind of sake, which comes with an appetizer. Enjoy an evening full of festivity, drinks, and a round of games with this unforgettable event.
Highlight and Content of the event:
- Interact with geishas and learn their rich history.
- Sake tasting that comes with an appetizer.
- Play a popular game, ozashiki-asobi, with geishas.
- Witness and experience a night of dancing and game.
Schedule for the event:
The event starts exactly at 4:30 p.m. up to 6:30 p.m. Gate opens at 4 p.m.
Group Size and Price:
Minimum of two people. Limited to ten people.
Event place and access:
- 5 minute-walk from Tawaramachi, Metro Ginza line
- 5 minute-walk from Asakusa station on Tsukuba Express
- 13 minute-walk from Asakusa subway station on Toei Asakusa line
If you let us know at least 2 weeks in advance in Japanese time, your application will be canceled without any charge. If you do not provide advance notice, you will be 50% charged(13 to 7 days prior to the class) or you will be 100% charged and nonrefundable (After that of any date).
- While 5 people group has 1 geisha, 10 people group has 2 geisha.
- Meeting point is at the event’s place.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place