Shibuya is famous for dazzling billboards, flashy entertainment, high-end shopping, thriving youth culture, and, of course, the insane scramble of Shibuya Crossing. But it’s also a major nightlife attraction in Tokyo, with Shibuya bars serving up some of the most delicious and inventive cocktails you can only find in Japan (who would have thought a mix of tea and alcohol could actually work!?) alongside crunchy karaage fried chicken, top-quality wagyu beef, and other sizzling bar and izakaya foods. Shibuya bars are the perfect places to relax and mingle with people, and during this Shibuya Bar Hopping Food Tour, the drinks and food are included so you can let loose and enjoy the evening without any worries!
The Shibuya Bar Hopping Food Tour will take you on a whirlwind food adventure through the back streets of Shibuya. But first, you’ll begin the tour at Shibuya’s most iconic landmark, Shibuya Crossing, the world’s busiest pedestrian crossing, and a popular photo-taking spot. After you’ve taken that classic Shibuya snapshot, you’ll head to the first stop of the tour, a local Shibuya bar where you can try Japanese beer with succulent grilled dishes! Then you’ll explore the Tokyo bar scene in Niku Yokocho (“Meat Alley”), a narrow Shibuya backstreet with around 30 izakaya bars. This second Shibuya bar is an authentic local watering hole with only a few seats (but don’t worry, we’ve got the reservation covered). The friendly and welcoming atmosphere practically guarantees you’ll be chatting with other people at the bar before your first drink even hits the table. Next, get a taste of Japanese wagyu beef, Japanese sake, and more as you go bar hopping among a few other izakayas in Niku Yokocho. If you’re in the mood for seafood, there’s plenty of sushi on the menu, but vegetarians will still feel at home with the variety of vegetarian dishes offered on this awesome night out on a Shibuya Bar Hopping Food Tour.
Highlights of Shibuya Bar Hopping Food Tour:
- A 3-hour food tour and bar crawl in Shibuya with a local guide
- Snap a classic photo at the iconic Shibuya Crossing
- Explore the Shibuya bar and nightlife scene, starting at an authentic local hole-in-the-wall bar near Shibuya Dogenzaka
- Discover just why Niku Yokocho (“Meat Alley”) got its name, tasting succulent Japanese wagyu beef skewers along the way
- Try several authentic Japanese dishes paired with ice cold beers and other refreshing beverages
- Experience Shibuya nightlife experience with fellow tourists and locals and make awesome memories!
- Visiting 3 local izakaya bars with a local guide, drinks included!
- Your choice of 3 drinks & 4 dishes or 4 drinks & 3 dishes (select from our menu)
- Photos during the tour to remember your awesome Shibuya Bar Hopping Food Tour!
- Transportation fee to and from the tour
- Additional food or drink purchases
- Meet at Tsutaya Shibuya Shop (Shibuya Station)
- Check out a bar around Shibuya Dogenzaka
- Visit Shibuya Meat Alley (2 bars)
- Return to Shibuya Station, or you can stay out and party on!
No minimum people required. Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Shibuya: A mecca for youth culture, shopping, and entertainment, Shibuya Station’s surrounding commercial area is a fashionista haven, home to numerous department stores, boutiques, and entertainment hubs. Shibuya’s most famous meeting point is the famous Hachiko Statue, a memorial to one of the most loyal hounds in history. And, of course, you can’t miss the Shibuya Crossing. For two minutes at a time, the world’s most intense pedestrian crossing comes to life. A heavily trafficked street photography spot, the crossing has become symbolic of Tokyo, featured in films like Lost in Translation and Tokyo Drift. Another point of interest is Bunkamura which literally means “culture village,” consisting of concert halls, a theater, a cinema, and a museum that features changing exhibits.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of Shibuya Izakaya Bar Hopping Food Tour is Tsutaya Shibuya Shop which is a one-minute walk from JR Shibuya Station, and from there you will find a guide holding a sign that says “Tokyo Bar Hopping.” Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts. The tour takes about 3 hours on average.
Please keep in mind to remember these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and fun night:
- Anyone over 15 years old can join this tour, however, only those who are 20 years or older are allowed to drink alcohol by Japanese law
- Do bring cash since some of the restaurants and izakayas don’t accept credit and debit cards
- Remember that you don’t need to pay for the guide’s foods and drinks
- Bookings are open until 4 hours before the tour
This Shibuya Bar Hopping Food Tour starts strictly on time. The tour will start even if guests arrive at or after the departure time, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant and bar partners, and the tour guide’s time.