Known as one of the best drinking spots in Tokyo, Shinjuku is gorgeous at night when it’s lit up by neon lights. A ward of Tokyo with a vibrant, bustling energy, Shinjuku is one of the go-to places for working-class people to loosen up with a drink or two after they clock out. In this Shinjuku Izakaya Bar Hopping Tour, you can experience the high energy of the city, first visiting a yakitori alley and indulging in some meat skewers, then moving on to an izakaya in the famous red light district of Kabukicho. Lastly, you’ll end the night in the famous Shinjuku Golden Gai, for one last drink. Eat sizzling grilled skewers, mingle with fellow travelers and locals over drinks, and learn all about Japanese food culture during this Shinjuku izakaya Bar Hopping Tour. You’ll experience a side of Tokyo you’ve never seen before!
Highlights of Shinjuku Izakaya Bar Hopping Tour:
- Explore lively Shinjuku izakaya, traditional gastropubs
- Experience Shinjuku nightlife and get tips about Japanese drinking culture from a local guide
- Visit a yakitori alley and indulge in some sizzling grilled dishes and refreshing drinks
- Explore Kabukicho, Tokyo’s entertainment and red light district
- Move to an izakaya and enjoy some Japanese bar foods
- Lastly, stop at a bar in the famous Shinjuku Golden Gai for a drink
- 3-hour food tour and bar crawl in Shinjuku
- Insider tips about Japanese drinking culture and etiquette
- Japanese food and drinks (menu below)
- Yakitori Alley (2 dishes, 1 drink)
- Traditional Japanese izakaya 3 dishes, 1 drink)
- Golden Gai Bar (1 drink)
- Transportation fees to and from the event
Minimum 2, maximum of 6 people. If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Shinjuku: Known for having the busiest railway station in the entire world, Shinjuku is also home to some of the tallest buildings in the country. Many people go here on their way to work and school and the area is full of working individuals. During the daytime, you can find a lot of high-end shopping districts here as well as packed dining restaurants. At night time, Shinjuku is alive and bustling with people crowding its famous alleys to eat and drink. You will find here the popular Kabukicho and Golden Gai. There’s also the popular Omoide Yokocho, or Piss Alley, which is also a great place to have some food and drinks. Shinjuku is a beautiful city where you can almost find everything you need.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in front of Mosaic Street, between Odakyu and Keio department stores.
Additional Information from the Organizer:
- The food tour starts strictly on time. If guests do not arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will begin regardless, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant partners, and the tour guide’s time.
If you have food restrictions, preferences, or allergies (e.g gluten allergy, vegetarian, vegan, etc.) please let us know in the additional info section at checkout.
- The minimum drinking age is 20 years in Japan. Alternative drinks will be served for participants who below 20 years of age.
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes because there will be a lot of walking.
- If you would like to join a Chinese speaking guide tour, please let us know in the additional info section at checkout.