Tokyo is known for its modern vibe, bustling streets, and lively atmosphere, but a certain shopping street located in a residential area in eastern Tokyo offers a much different image of the city. In this Sunamachi Street Food Tour, you can experience the warm and friendly character of Sunamachi Shopping Street, where time moves slowly. Most of the establishments here are old, family-run businesses, so there is a genuinely nostalgic atmosphere to the area. You’ll get to taste delicious home-cooked Japanese dishes and street food, and experience a fun kanpai party with the group! This tour is perfect for those who want to see another side of Tokyo.
Highlights of the Sunamachi Street Food Tour:
- Experience a delicious street food tour at the Sunamachi Shopping Street
- Try traditional Japanese home-cooking, the perfect comfort food!
- Enjoy a sake (rice wine) kanpai party in the street
- Discover Sunamachi’s welcoming spirit, meet friendly locals, and chat with new people
Itinerary of Sunamachi Street Food Tour:
- Meet at the south gate of Kinshicho Station
- Explore the bustling streets of Sunamachi
- Try Japanese street food and homestyle cooking
- Return to Kinshicho Station
What is Included in the Price:
- A three and a half hour food tour
- Delicious foods (see menu)
- A bottle of water
- Round-trip public bus transportation from Kinshicho to Sunamachi Ginza
- Yakitori and yakiniku (grilled meat skewers)
- Inarizushi (sushi rice in a sweet pocket of fried tofu)
- Menchi (fried meat patty)
- Japanese sweets
- Sake (rice wine)
- Matcha (Japanese green tea)
Minimum 2, maximum of 8 people. If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Time moves slowly in the beautiful Sunamachi Shopping Street. It’s a quiet but welcoming area full of old family businesses and restaurants, where you will find some of the best homemade Japanese dishes, cooked in the traditional style. Fish shops, butcheries, and delicatessens are everywhere, selling goods at much cheaper prices than you’d find in other areas of Tokyo. However, Sunamachi isn’t just a fantastic spot for street food and remarkably old restaurants. It’s also a place where you can find affordable shoes, clothing, and even futon mattresses. General merchandise stores sell cleaning tools, utensils, and plates, while second-hand shops burst with unique and sentimental items from previous generations. Nostalgic and peaceful, Sunamachi is a great place to relax and reminisce, all while discovering new wonders.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is the south gate of Kinshicho Station. The meeting time is 10:45 am. The event starts exactly at 11:00 am and ends at 2:30 pm.
Special Notes from the Organizer:
- The food tour starts strictly on time. The tour will start even if guests arrive at or after the departure time, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant partners, and the tour guide’s time.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any food restrictions, preferences, or allergies (e.g gluten allergy, vegetarian, vegan, etc.).
- The minimum drinking age is 20 years in Japan. Alternative drinks will be served for participants who are under 20 years old.
- Please wear comfortable shoes because there will be a lot of walking.
- If you would like a Chinese-speaking tour guide, please write this in the order notes section of the payment page.