Tokyo has always been known for its bustling street life and lively ambiance but a certain shopping street located in a residential area in East Tokyo offers a quieter side of the city. In this Sunamachi Street Food Tour, experience the beauty of Sunamachi Shopping Steet, where time moves slowly and locals welcome you warmly. Most of the places here are still run by old family businesses and you will feel the genuine nostalgic atmosphere of the area. Delicious and freshly cooked homemade Japanese dishes will be served, and you will get to experience a one of kind street kampai party with the rest of the group. This tour is perfect for those who want to see another side of Tokyo.
Highlights of the Sunamachi Street Food Tour:
- Experience a delicious street food tour in Sunamachi Shopping Street
- Have a taste of freshly cooked homemade Japanese dishes which will leave you wanting for more
- Ready yourself for a one of kind street kampai party with a delicious cup of sake (rice wine)
- Have an enjoyable experience with the rest of the group as you get deep into the heart of the shopping street where you will be welcomed warmly by locals
Itinerary of Sunamachi Street Food Tour:
- Meet up at South gate of Kinshicho-station
- Explore the bustling streets of Sunamachi
- Try different types of Japanese food
- Travel back to Kinshicho-station
What is Included in the Price:
- A three hour and a half food market tour.
- Food (menu below)
- A bottle of water
- A round-trip public bus transportation fee from Kinshicho to Sunamachi Ginza
- Yakitori (grilled skewers)
- Inari (sushi wrapped in sweetened fried soybeans cake)
- Minced cutlet
- Japanese sweets
- Sake (rice wine)
- Matcha (Japanese green tea)
Minimum 2, maximum of 8 people. If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Time moves slowly in the beautiful shopping street of Sunamachi. It’s a great place full of old family businesses such as restaurants where you will find some of the best homemade Japanese dishes, cooked in the traditional fashion. Fish shops, butcheries, and various delicatessens are everywhere, and the prices are much cheaper. However, Sunamachi isn’t just about food and its remarkably old restaurants, it’s also a place where you can find shoes, clothing and even futon mattresses sold at the local markets. There are general merchandise stores where cleaning tools, utensils, and plates are also displayed. Nostalgic and quiet, Sunamachi is a great place to reminisce all while finding new wonders.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in South gate of Kinshicho Station. Meeting time is at 10:45 am. The event starts exactly at 11:00 am and ends at 2:30 pm.
Special Notes from the Organizer:
- The food tour strictly starts on time. The tour will start regardless of the guests arrived during departure time (or later than that) and no refund shall be given. This is to fully make use of time and to guarantee that for every food stop, not only the guests will enjoy but our restaurant partners as well.
- Please notify us in advance if there are any food restrictions, preferences, and allergies e.g gluten allergy, vegetarian, vegan, etc.
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years and above in Japan. Alternative drinks will be served for participants who are 20 years and below.
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes because there will be a lot of walking.
- If you would like to join a Chinese speaking guide tour, please add a note in the order notes part on the payment page.