Sushi is a popular Japanese cuisine that is enjoyed all over the world. In this Sushi Making Show and Tea Tasting Event, you will watch as the chefs prepare different types of sushi for you to taste. This class is definitely for those cooking beginners that appreciate food.
You will mostly just be watching the sushi being made; however, you will get a chance to learn how to make some sushi in an easy and convenient way. You will also learn about the techniques and history of sushi while also receiving some tips on making your own. This class emphasizes the appreciation of sushi.
In addition to the sushi making show, you will get a chance to taste and learn more about Japanese tea. You will be tasting 5 different kinds of Japanese tea.
Your instructors are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years and Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are not so common in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind and will make sure that your experience is one of a kind.
Menu for the Sushi Making Show and Tea Tasting Event:
- Nigiri sushi (traditional authentic sushi)
- Maki roll sushi
- Miso soup
- Japanese tea tasting (Hojicha (Roasted green tea), Genmai cha (Tea with roasted rice), Ume konbucha (Tea made of powdered kelp and pickled plum) or Mugicha (Barley tea), Gobo cha (Burdock tea), Soba cha (Buckwheat tea))
- Japanese sweets
Highlights of the Sushi Making Show and Tea Tasting Event:
- Taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Rental Samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you learn!
- A certificate with a picture that proves you did it
- Learn some helpful tips for making your own sushi as well as the history of sushi while enjoying Japanese tea
- Meeting time: 11:50 am
- This class runs for three hours from 12:00 to 15:00
No Minimum. Maximum of 6 people.
Event place and access:
Sushi Making Show and Tea Tasting Event takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
Meeting point is JR Meguro Station “Central Gate”.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place