Sushi is a popular Japanese cuisine that is enjoyed all over the world for its simplicity and freshness. In this Sushi Making Show and Tea Tasting Event, you’ll watch as 2 woman sushi chefs prepare different types of sushi for you to taste. This class is definitely for those cooking beginners that appreciate food, where you’ll learn about tea and sushi in-depth as taught by not only one woman sushi chef but two female sushi chefs! You’ll mostly just be watching the sushi being made; however, you’ll also get a chance to learn how to make some sushi in an easy and convenient way. You’ll also learn about the techniques and history of sushi while receiving some tips on making your own, with the class having an emphasis of the appreciation of sushi.
In addition to the sushi making show, you’ll get a chance to taste and learn more about Japanese tea. You will be tasting 5 different kinds of Japanese tea. Your tasting instructors are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as woman sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years and Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are fairly uncommon in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind and will ensure that your tasting experience is one of a kind.
Highlights of the Sushi Making Show and Tea Tasting Event:
- Taught by twin sisters who are both experienced woman sushi chefs
- Rental samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you taste tea and sushi
- A certificate with a picture for the event
- Learn some helpful tips for making your own sushi as well as the history of sushi while enjoying different types of Japanese tea
- A 3-hour Sushi Making Show and Tea Tasting Event hosted by 2 female sushi chefs!
- Expertise from two experienced woman sushi chefs to show you Japanese tea and sushi
- Sushi tasting and making
- Taste 5 different styles of Japanese tea
- Cooking tools and ingredients provided for sushi making
- Recipes you can take home with you
- Miso and green matcha tea
- Nigiri sushi (traditional authentic sushi)
- Maki roll sushi
- Miso soup
- Japanese tea tasting
– Hojicha (roasted green tea)
– Genmai-cha (tea from roasted rice)
– Ume-konbucha (tea made of powdered kelp and pickled plum) or; mugicha (barley tea)
– Gobo-cha (burdock tea)
– Soba-cha (buckwheat tea)
- Japanese sweets
- Transportation fees to and from the event location
Maximum of 6 people.
Meeting Location and Time:
The meeting point is at the JR Meguro Station’s “Central Gate” at 11:50 a.m. The class takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place