Ramen is the fuel of working-class men and women all across Japan. It’s fast, it’s simple, and (most importantly) it’s delicious! On this ramen tasting tour in Tokyo, you’ll learn all there is to know about ramen while tasting the best ramen in Tokyo at 3 award-winning ramen shops and exploring the Tokyo neighborhoods of Nakameguro, Shibuya, and Ebisu.
Our local ramen expert will introduce you to these award-winning ramen restaurants, where you’ll not only sample some incredible ramen but also learn all about the different varieties of this beloved Japanese dish. The ramen restaurants also have customizable options, so you can explore different toppings and noodle styles to suit your preferences. But you’d better come hungry because on this tour you’ll enjoy not just one, but six mini bowls of the best ramen in Tokyo (¼ to ⅓ of the normal size).
At each of the three Tokyo ramen restaurants, our local food tour guide will explore different topics related to ramen, so if you’re curious about the origin of ramen in Japan, the wide variety of ramen styles, or just want to hear about wacky ramen flavors (black ramen, anyone?), then this is the tasting experience for you! Jump on a Ramen Tasting Tour for some of the best ramen in Tokyo you’ll ever have!
Highlights of the Ramen Tasting Tour in Tokyo:
- A 3-hour ramen tasting tour of Nakameguro, Shibuya, and Ebisu
- Have fun selecting your ramen and customizing it according to your taste
- Enjoy 6 mini bowls of authentic ramen noodles, some of the best ramen in Tokyo!
- Learn insider tips and tricks from a ramen expert!
- 3-hour ramen tasting tour with a local tour guide
- 6 mini bowls of some of the best ramen in Tokyo
- 1 beverage
- Transportation fee to and from the event
- Transportation fees between food stops
No minimum number of people required. Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Nakameguro: Situated along Meguro River, which is a well-known cherry blossom viewing spot, Nakameguro is a laidback, artsy crowd unlike anywhere in Tokyo. During the daytime, one can find a café and drink some of the best coffee drinks in the district. It also doesn’t hurt that most cafés around the district feature rustic and homey architecture for guests to enjoy and relax. Aside from that, restaurants are also easy to find and you don’t have to go too far to eat a filling meal. Pubs are also found in the district, making Nakameguro’s nightlife bustling with colors, laughter, and a roundabout of drinks and grilled skewers. If you like shopping, boutiques and shops are everywhere and use eco-friendly materials for clothes and shoes. You can find pottery, special ceramics, and handicrafts you won’t find anywhere else. Nakameguro is the perfect place to visit for artists and enthusiasts.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of the Ramen Tasting Tour is Nakameguro Station, the Main Gate. The meeting time is 1:50 p.m. The tour starts exactly at 2:00 p.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m.
Please keep in mind to remember these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and enjoyable tour:
- The food tour starts strictly on time. If guests do not arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will begin regardless, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant partners, and the tour guide’s time.
- Wear comfortable shoes because there will be walking involved
- Upon signing in, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours
- Bring extra cash, as we’ll be taking the train to the different ramen shops