Tea has been a part of everyday Japanese people’s lives. Japan has been making traditional and delicious tea for thousands of years. During this wonderful experience, you get to witness the beauty and awe of a traditional tea ceremony. First, you will have a chance to pick the antique tea bowl to enjoy tea and see the whole ceremony by tea ceremony master. She will serve Japanese sweets and matcha tea. Then after the whole ceremony, it will be your time to learn how to make proper matcha tea using traditional methods like whisking until it sets and acquires the perfect texture and form. Tea ceremonies are known for being serious and traditional, but it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it. The Tea Ceremony in a Traditional Tea Room allows you to enjoy a wonderful time with fellow tourists as you learn the many ins and outs of a traditional tea ceremony.
Highlights of the Tea Ceremony in Traditional Tea Room:
- Witness the beauty of a traditional tea ceremony
- Learn how to make your own matcha tea
- Have a taste of delicious traditional Japanese sweets
What is Included in the Price
- 2 hours of the traditional tea ceremony
- Matcha tea
- Traditional Japanese sweets
Minimum of two people.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in front of the Nippori station South Exit. Meeting time is at 10:50 a.m. The event runs from 11 am to 1 pm.
Yanaka is known for being Tokyo’s most traditional districts and one of the few districts that were spared from the bombings during World War 2. It is the home of artisans, beautiful temples, winding lanes, and some of the best and well-known restaurants in the city. This quiet district is perfect for those who want to get away from the crowd of the city and stroll around its many stone stairs. Visit the local shops where you can purchase one-of-a-kind gifts and souvenirs. When you’re feeling hungry, visit some of their restaurants and have a fill of their delicious Japanese dishes. Yanaka offers a glimpse of the bygone period of Tokyo and makes you feel like you’re part of history whenever you walk down its many streets and roads.
- Please make sure you arrive 10-15 minutes early for this tour so that you do not miss out
- No refund will be provided if you arrive late to the tour as it will start on time regardless of your attendance.
- Please notify us in advance if there are any food restrictions, preferences, and allergies e.g gluten allergy, vegetarian, vegan, etc.