Beautifully hand-pressed balls of sushi goodness, temari sushi is the perfect party food. Sometimes also called temarizushi, it’s made from sushi rice that’s perfectly rounded by the hand and with decorative toppings. Temari sushi are gorgeous, beautiful, and always delicious! It’s something that everyone can make from a variety of ingredients, so why not try it for yourself in this Temari Sushi Making Class in Tokyo. Learn how to make this simple yet delicious Japanese temari sushi in this cooking class, a great opportunity to learn about Japanese food and gain a new skill. You’ll learn about the history of sushi as you assemble your own, so you can impress your family and friends at your next event using your new sushi making expertise! You can use any ingredient to make temari which means this class perfect for everyone, even those who can’t eat raw fish or vegetarians.
Your instructors for this Japanese cooking class are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years as well as Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an amazing accomplishment as two female chefs are quite uncommon in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind, and will make sure that your Temari Sushi Making Class is an experience you’ll never forget!
Highlights of a Temari Sushi Making Class:
- Learn how to make temari sushi by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Rental samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you make temari sushi
- Enjoy miso soup and green tea to go with you temari sushi creations
- While you are learning to make temari sushi, the sisters will teach you about the history of sushi
- Recieve a certificate with a picture that proving your beautiful handmade sushi efforts!
- A 3-hour Temari Sushi Making Class
- Expertise from two experienced sushi chefs
- Cooking tools and ingredients provided
- Recipes you can take home with you!
- Miso and green tea
- Transportation fees to and from the event location
Maximum of 6 people.
Meeting Location and Time:
The meeting point is at the JR Meguro Station’s “Central Gate” at 11:50 a.m. The class takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place
- This cooking class can be adapted for those who don’t eat raw fish. Please notify us of any dietary requirements when booking so we can accommodate you. A vegan course is also available