No doubt that it’s one of the easiest dishes to prepare and make, however, tempura isn’t your ordinary deep-fried food. This genius dish has had everyone hooked since the first time it was made hundreds of years ago, always a crowd favorite among busy people who crave a filling meal. Made from a simple batter, somehow it’s so refined in taste with a light, irresistibly crunchy texture, you just have to eat tempura in Tokyo!
Tempura is a classic Japanese food and a versatile dish that almost everyone can make. What’s great about tempura is that it only calls for few ingredients which are probably already in your kitchen at home, so you can whip it up after learning how to make it at this Tempura Cooking Class in Kappabashi. You’ll learn the basic steps on how to coat, deep-fry, and serve authentic yet scrumptious tempura, and make soups and rice to eat with it. You’ll make diverse, deep-fried tempura in Tokyo at a tempura cooking class, where you can have it as seafood, vegetables, and even make tempura sweets! Complimentary green tea or Japanese sake will be served too, which is great paired with your deep-fried goodness, a pile of crunchy tempura in Tokyo!
Highlights of the Tempura Cooking Class in Kappabashi:
- Learn how to prepare and make a variety of tempura items
- Make rice, dashi soup stock and miso soup from scratch
- All ingredients are fresh and available to use in the recipes
- No MSG or additives used
- A 2.5-hour tempura in Tokyo cooking class
- English-speaking Japanese cooking instructor
- Ingredients for making perfectly crunchy tempura and accompanying side dishes
- Utensils and tools to make tempura and side dishes
- Recipes for tempura and side dishes to take home with you
- Complimentary green tea or sake
- Transportation fee to and from the cooking class location
No minimum people required. Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Kappabashi: Between Ueno and the traditional downtown district of Asakusa, Kappabashi is the place to go for all of your kitchen needs, it’s any chef’s absolute dream. Kappabashi Street or Kappabashi Kitchen Town is famous for specializing in everything a restauranteur could possibly ever need, with dozens of shops selling Tokyo’s best Japanese knives, kitchenware, and utensils. All the way through to tables and lamps and signage, Kappabashi is the go-to place for all things cooking and food, with the exception of fresh ingredients. In fact, Kappabashi is also known for being the place to buy plastic food samples, delicious looking replicas that are often displayed in restaurant windows, used to entice customers. Impressively realistic, these faux foods are made to order, and despite being inedible they will surely make your eyes widen and your mouth water.
Meeting Time and Meeting Location:
The meeting point is at the cooking class location. This cooking class in Tokyo is located in between historical Asakusa and Kappabashi Kitchen Town. The exact location and video guide for accessing the cooking class location will be provided upon booking.
- 5-minute walk from Tawaramachi on the Metro Ginza Line
- 5-minute walk from Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express
- 13-minute walk from Asakusa Subway Station on the Toei Asakusa Line
Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place.