There are a lot of great things about Japan, but lots of people come here for the food. If you’re looking to get away from the standard sushi and street food that most people eat when visiting Tokyo then check out this class.
In this Tokyo Kaiseki Cuisine Cooking Class, you will get to experience what it’s like to make a traditional Japanese meal. The class is offered in English so you don’t have to worry if your Japanese isn’t up to scratch.
The menu for this class changes each month with the seasonal produce options. This makes it the perfect class to try multiple times on each visit to Tokyo. You’ll get to experience what is popular with the locals each month and season. The menu offers a great variety and if you have any dietary requirements you can let us know so that it can be accommodated in your class. This experience aims to be inclusive of everyone, so please do not hesitate to mention any requirements.
Enjoy this three-hour Kaiseki Cuisine Cooking Class and learn about traditional multi-course Japanese dinner cooking. Once you have learned how to make these dishes, you will get to sit down and enjoy the multi-course meal yourself.
Menu for Tokyo Kaiseki Cuisine Cooking Class in this month:
- Accordion Cucumber Salad
- Gomamiso-ae Potato – Sesame & Miso sauce
- Dashimaki Tamago – Rolled Egg
- Yukimuro Mellow Beef Steak
- Mizore Dressed Eggplant and Chicken
- Lotus roots salad
- Sweet potato Rice
- Dashi Based Clear Soup
- Green Tea Mouse
Highlights of Tokyo Kaiseki Cuisine Cooking Class:
- Course taught in English
- Being welcomed by staff with Japanese tea
- Learn about kaiseki, the world’s finest meal
- Learn about dashi and various types of seasonings
- You get to eat everything that you have created in this course
This class runs for 3 hours from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm every day.
Maximum 8 people
Event place and access:
The cooking studio is located in Shinanomachi in Tokyo. Detailed instructions will be shared upon booking.
- 5 min from JR Shinanomachi Station
- 10 min from Yotsuya 3-chome station (Subway Marunouchi line)
- For vegetarian customers, meat and fish can be replaced with vegetables and other ingredients.
- Other dietary requirements can be accommodated for.
- Children under 5 are free of charge.
- Upon booking, you can expect a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place.