Nightlife has always been one of those things that one must experience once when visiting Tokyo. In this Tokyo bar and mixology tour, ready yourselves as you embark on an adventure on some of the best hole-in-the-wall food and drink places in Tokyo. The tour starts with exploring the streets of Shinbashi and Ginza where one can find some of the most interesting spots for eating and drinking. Known as the salarymen capital of Tokyo, Shinbashi means two things – streets congested with people especially during rush hours and the buzz and colors of pubs and izakayas all across the city. It’s the favorite hangout spot of working-class people who just got off their work and want a relaxing time sharing stories and conversations over beers and grilled skewers.
At a luxurious Tokyo bar in Ginza you’ll have a taste of Japanese sake (rice wine), cocktails, and Japanese whisky made special by bartenders who incorporate traditional Japanese ingredients and give it their own twist. Belly up as you get to pair these drinks with mouth-watering local dishes and bar snacks, and discover different beers made from micro-breweries across Japan. Not only do you get to relax and be at ease with fellow tourists, but witness the different light brought by swapping stories and tales with local people at a number of Tokyo bars. This Tokyo mixology tour is all about having fun, creating new friendships, and enjoying one of the best nights of your life.
Note: Only customers who are 20 years old or older can attend the tour as the legal drinking age in Japan is strictly 20 years of age.
Highlights of Tokyo Bar and Mixology Tour: Sake, Cocktail, Whisky and Food Pairing:
- A 3-hour luxurious mixology tour, visiting some of the best hole-in-the-wall food and drink places in Shinbashi and Ginza
- Learn all about the manners and customs of Japanese people during after work drinking at Tokyo bars
- Have a taste of Japanese sake, cocktails, and Japanese whisky while pairing them with sumptuous local dishes and bar snacks
- Discover a different type of brew as you drink beers made from micro-breweries across Japan
- Watch and learn from the bartenders as they concoct drinks using traditional Japanese ingredients while adding their own twist
- A 3-hour Tokyo Bar and Mixology Food Tour in Shinbashi and Ginza
- 4 stops at different bars with several dishes of bar snacks and shared plates
- Sake, whisky, cocktail tastings and pairing advice for each delicious food and drink
- Expert knowledge on Japanese sake, whisky, and cocktail ingredients and drinking etiquette
- Transportation fee to and from the event location
Minimum of 2 people. If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Shinbashi (or Shimbashi): Home to Tokyo’s first railway terminal, Shinbashi is now well-known as a district where you can find both business and pleasure. Shinbashi teems with cheap restaurants and izakayas that draw in crowds of off-hours salarymen and women, keen to loosen their ties, let down their hair, and enjoy a cold beer or three. An entertainment hub as well as a casual dining paradise with some of Tokyo’s most rustic and relaxed izakayas and gastropubs, Shinbashi is the go-to place to unwind after work. Not to mention, Shinbashi is also just a walk away from Tokyo attractions such as Hibiya Park, Tokyo Tower, and the upscale shopping district of Ginza.
Ginza: An upscale shopping area in Tokyo, Ginza is home to the famous Hokosha Tengoku (literally translating to “pedestrian heaven”), the main street of Ginza. The road is closed on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 noon to 5 p.m. to allow people to walk freely around the area. Ginza is home to luxury brands, high-end restaurants, and even a kabuki theater.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of this Tokyo Bar and Mixology Tour: Sake, Cocktail, Whisky and Food Pairing is in front of Fuji Soba. Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Address: 〒105-0004 Tōkyō-to, Minato-ku, 港区Shinbashi, 2−18−3 胡萩堂ビル1F
Meeting time is at 4:15 p.m. The event starts exactly at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 7:30 p.m.
Additional Information from the Organizer:
- The Tokyo Bar and Mixology Tour: Sake, Cocktail, Whisky and Food Pairing starts strictly on time. If guests do not arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the event will begin regardless, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant partners, and the tour guide’s time
- There’s a strict rule that only a person 20 years of age can drink alcohol