If ramen is your thing but you’re lost as to where to start, then this Tokyo ramen tour is for you. You’ll be guided by our friend Frank, a Filipino-American who was born in Tokyo. He is a local expert who was literally raised on ramen. The tour starts first by grabbing a drink of your choice (coffee or tea) and sharing ramen knowledge with Frank. After this, he will present ramen shops with detailed selling points so guests can choose what ramen shop to visit. After an hour or so, it’s eating time. A bowl of ramen of your choice will be served. It’s no secret that ramen is one of the greatest inventions in history.
Highlights of Tokyo Ramen Tour with Frank:
- Learn everything about ramen from what to order best, the best way to eat it, the dos and don’ts of ramen etiquette, and experience ramen like a true local
- The guests get to choose what ramen shop to visit
What is Included in the Price:
- 2 hours of ramen tour
- Choice of a bowl of ramen
- Choice of coffee or tea
No minimum people required. Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Situated along Meguro river, which is a well-known cherry blossom viewing spot, Nakameguro is a laidback, artsy crowd unlike anywhere in Tokyo. During daytime, one can find a café and drink some of the best coffee drinks in the district. It also doesn’t hurt that most cafés around the district feature rustic and homey architecture for guests to enjoy and relax. Aside from that, restaurants are also easy to find and you don’t have to go too far to eat a filling meal. Pubs are also found in the district, making Nakameguro’s nightlife bustling with colors, laughter, and a roundabout of drinks and grilled skewers. If you like shopping, boutiques and shops are everywhere and use eco-friendly materials for the clothes and shoes. You can find pottery, special ceramics, and handicrafts you won’t find anywhere else. Nakameguro is the perfect place to visit for artists and enthusiasts.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of Tokyo Ramen Tour is in Nakameguro Station, Main Gate in Meguro District. Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts. The tour takes about 2 hours.
Special Notes from the Organizer:
Please keep in mind to remember these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and enjoyable tour:
- Upon signing in, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours
- Bring extra cash just in case the need of riding the train
- Eating part starts about an hour after the experience starts
- The tour starts in Nakameguro but the ramen we end up eating might be in Shibuya, Ebisu, Gakugeidaigaku, or Nakameguro depending on your selection