If ramen is your thing but you’re totally lost for to where to start, then this Tokyo ramen tour is for you! You’ll be guided by our friend Frank, a Filipino-American who was born in Tokyo. He’s a local noodle expert and all round nice guy who was literally raised on ramen. Working his way through every ramen restaurant in Tokyo, Frank is the go-to guy for tips on the best noodle fix in the city.
This Tokyo Ramen Tour is a personalized experience that’s delicious too. The tour starts first by grabbing a drink of your choice (coffee or tea) and sharing knowledge about ramen and ramen stories with Frank. Learn about different types of broths, noodles, broths, and toppings, and essential ramen eating etiquette. After this, Frank will present ramen shops with detailed selling points so that you decide which ramen shop to visit. After an hour or so, get ramen ready, it’s eating time! Prepare to eat an amazing bowl of ramen of your choice. It’s no secret that ramen is one of the greatest inventions in history. Learn everything you need to know about ramen and join this Tokyo Ramen Tour with Frank.
Highlights of a Tokyo Ramen Tour with Frank:
- Learn everything about ramen from what to order best, the best way to eat it, plus the dos and don’ts of ramen etiquette
- Experience eating ramen like a true local at some of the best ramen shops in Tokyo
- The guests get to choose which ramen shop to visit!
- 2-hours of an informative Tokyo ramen tour
- Choice of a bowl of ramen
- Choice of coffee or tea
- Transportation fee to and from the event
- Transportation fees between food stops
No minimum people required. Solo travelers, friends, couples and family, all are welcome!
Nakameguro: Situated along Meguro river, which is a well-known cherry blossom viewing spot, Nakameguro is a laidback, artsy crowd unlike anywhere in Tokyo. During daytime, one can find a café and drink some of the best coffee drinks in the district. It also doesn’t hurt that most cafés around the district feature rustic and homey architecture for guests to enjoy and relax. Aside from that, restaurants are also easy to find and you don’t have to go too far to eat a filling meal. Pubs are also found in the district, making Nakameguro’s nightlife bustling with colors, laughter, and a roundabout of drinks and grilled skewers. If you like shopping, boutiques and shops are everywhere and use eco-friendly materials for the clothes and shoes. You can find pottery, special ceramics, and handicrafts you won’t find anywhere else. Nakameguro is the perfect place to visit for artists and enthusiasts.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point of Tokyo Ramen Tour is in Nakameguro Station, Main Gate in Meguro District. Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts. The tour takes about 2 hours.
Please keep in mind to remember these few rules so you can enjoy a flawless and enjoyable tour:
- The food tour starts strictly on time. If guests do not arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will begin regardless, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant partners, and the tour guide’s time.
- Wear comfortable shoes because there will be walking involved
- Upon signing in, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours
- Bring extra cash, as we’ll be taking the train to the different ramen shops