Popularly known as the kitchen of Tokyo, experience the beauty and wonder of Tsukiji Fish Market in this one of a kind food tour. Tsukiji Fish Market Tour will take you to the different stores and restaurants inside the market. Belly up as you eat your way in with the various kinds of Japanese food you will have: from the finger foods to the indulgent delicacies, there’s a dish for every person. With the help of our local guide, you will learn all about the culinary culture of Japan and get some insider tips about the ins and outs of the Japanese food etiquette. The great thing about this tour is that we advocate the usage of our original map and give out information to our participants. The tour ends at a local sushi restaurant where you will have a taste of the freshest sushi in the city.
Note: the inner part of Tsukiji Market will be closed on the October 2018. Don’t miss the change of visiting Tsukiji Fish Market before it is closed.
Highlights of Tokyo Tsukiji Fish Market Tour:
- Have a taste of different types of Japanese food in this amazing food market tour
- Explore the beauty of Tsukiji Market with our local guide
- Learn all about ins and outs of Japanese food culture in Tsukiji Wonder Land
- Have an enjoyable experience with the rest of the group as you get deep into the heart of the market
- Meet up in front of Tsukiji Honganji Temple
- Tour in the outer market of Tsukiji where you can grab food and drinks with our guide
- Walk around Tsukiji Uogashi wholesale market
- Tour in the inner market of Tsukiji
- End the tour with a sake and some delicious sushi at a local restaurant
What is Included in the Price:
- A three hour and a half food market tour
- Food (menu below)
- A bottle of water
- Dashi soup and katsuobushi
- Japanese omelet
- Fried fish cake
- Fresh tuna
- Sake (rice wine)
- Japanese green tea (matcha)
No minimum people required for booking. Maximum 5 people.
Known as one of the largest fish markets in the world, Tsukiji Fish Market is a large wholesale market for fish, vegetables, and fruits. In here, you will not only see fresh seafood but also the many sights of scooters, trucks, buyers, and sellers bustling around, making it a major attraction to most people. Over the years, there has been a major increase in people who visit the market and has become a problem when it comes to the course of business as the market can’t accommodate such crowd because of its aging infrastructure. But the beauty and noise of Tsukiji Market stayed pristine and original for the world to see.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in front of the gate of Tsukiji Honganji Temple. Meeting time is at 8:15 am. The event starts exactly at 8:30 am and ends at 12:00 pm.
Special Notes from the Organizer:
- The Tsukiji Fish Market Tour strictly starts on time. The tour will start regardless of the guests arrived during departure time (or later than that) and no refund shall be given. This is to fully make use of time and to guarantee that for every food stop, not only the guests will enjoy but our restaurant partners as well.
- Please notify us in advance if there are any food restrictions, preferences, and allergies e.g gluten allergy, vegetarian, vegan, etc.
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years and above in Japan. Alternative drinks will be served for participants who are 20 years and below.
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes because there will be a lot of walking. Sandals are prohibited as you can’t enter the market wearing them.
- If you would like to join a Chinese speaking guide tour, please add a note in the order notes part on the payment page.