Sake (rice wine) is one of the things that Japanese people take pride in and a lot of people, both locals and tourists, are in love with this drink. If you have ever been curious about how Japanese people make this delicious drink then the Toshimaya Shuzo Sake Brewery Tour is perfect for you. In the Toshimaya Shuzo Sake Brewery Tour, you will visit one of the many breweries in Tokyo that specialize in the art of brewing sake. As you tour the brewery, our local guide will help you learn and understand the process that happens when making sake; you will also learn about the brewery’s history. After that, ready yourselves as you partake in all-you-can-drink sake while tasting some of the best sake in the country. Compare their tastes and you can always ask everything about it to our local guide.
Highlights of the Toshimaya Shuzo Sake Brewery Tour:
- Experience a one of kind brewery tour in Toshimaya Shuzo Sake
- Learn all about the process that happens when making sake (rice wine) and know about the history of the brewery
- Have a taste of authentic sake in their all you can drink sake portion
What is Included in the Price
- 3-hour brewery tour (1.5 hours at the brewery)
- All-you-can-drink sake
- A local guide
What is not included in the Price:
- Transportation (It takes about 600 yen)
Minimum of two people.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in front of the JR Takadanobaba Station Waseda exit gate around the entrance area. There are several exits so please be careful. Meeting time is at 13:50. The event runs from 14:00 to 17:00.
Located in Higashi-Murayama City in west Tokyo, Toshimaya Brewery was established in 1596 and has been in operation since. Not only do they produce some of the best sake in the country, but they also produce mirin (sweet cooking sake) and shirozake in their brewery. Their multi-award-winning sake Kinkon, which means golden wedding anniversary in English, is usually seen being served as sacred sake in shrines of Meiji Jingu and Kanda Myojin. Everything in Toshimaya Brewery is skillfully executed and Kinkon is no exception. As Tokyo’s award-winning representative, it brings value to each of the customers that encounter the high caliber of products from Toshimaya Brewery.
- Please make sure you arrive 10-15 minutes early for this tour so that you do not miss out
- No refund will be provided if you arrive late to the tour as it will start on time regardless of your attendance.
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years and above in Japan. Alternative drinks will be served for participants who are 20 years and below.
- Please be reminded to bring cash for transportation as it is not included in the price.