Organized in two different places, you will surely enjoy this amazing food and market tour. Because of its relocation, the inner market of Tsukiji closes its doors in October 2018 but its outer market, which is famous for the many delectable Japanese foods available in food stalls and restaurants, will remain open for everyone to visit. The new inner market will be in Toyosu. This tour is a combination of two great markets where you will learn all about the ins and outs of Japanese culinary culture and get to share the same interests with fellow tourists. Explore the new inner market in Toyosu with our local guide then visit the outer market of Tsukiji. You will also get to taste different types of delectable Japanese dishes ranging from the popular sushi to fried fish cake, served fresh and uses only top-quality ingredients.
End the tour with a lovely sushi meal at a local sushi restaurant and savor every bite as you share thoughtful insights and conversations with fellow travelers.
Highlights of Toyosu and Tsukiji Fish Markets Tour:
- Have a taste of different types of Japanese food in this amazing food market tour
- Explore the new inner market of Toyosu with our local guide
- Learn all about the Japanese food culture in Tsukiji Wonderland while eating the delectable dishes
Itinerary of Toyosu and Tsukiji Fish Markets Tour:
- Meet up in front of Toyosu Market
- Tour in the new inner market of Toyosu and in the outer market of Tsukiji where you can grab food and drinks with our guide
- End the tour with a serving of sake and some delicious sushi at a local restaurant
What is Included in the Price:
- A three hour and a half food market tour
- Food (menu below)
- A bottle of water
- Transportation fees between markets
- Fresh oyster or fresh tuna
- Japanese omelet
- A sample of dried bonito
- Fried fish cake
- Japanese green tea
No minimum people required for booking. Maximum 6 people.
Created during the 1930’s and later was enlarged, Toyosu is a man-made island located in Tokyo and is near Odaiba. One of its main attraction is the Lalaport Toyosu, one of the biggest shopping malls in central Tokyo. It carries many international and local brands ranging from restaurants, boutiques, a cinema and a promenade. They also have the Kidzania, a theme park tailored for kids age 3 to 15 where they can play and act, wearing professional costumes like a pilot or a stewardess. One of the biggest projects will be the relocation of Tsukiji Market in Toyosu this coming October 2018. Toyosu is also the first one to have a branch of a 7-Eleven convenience store in the country which opened in 1974.
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in front of the gate of Toyosu Market. Meeting time is at 8:15 a.m. The event starts exactly at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 12:00 p.m.
Special Notes from the Organizer:
- The Toyosu and Tsukiji Fish Markets Tour strictly starts on time. The tour will start regardless of the guests arrived during departure time (or later than that) and no refund shall be given. This is to fully make use of time and to guarantee that for every food stop, not only the guests will enjoy but our partners as well.
- Please notify us in advance if there are any food restrictions, preferences, and allergies e.g gluten allergy, vegetarian, vegan, etc.
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years and above in Japan. Alternative drinks will be served for participants who are 20 years and below.
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes because there will be a lot of walking. Sandals are prohibited as you can’t enter the market wearing them.
- Baby buggy is not allowed at the inner market. You could deposit it at the outer market.
- If you would like to join a Chinese speaking guide tour, please add a note in the order notes part on the payment page.