Known as one of the largest fish markets in the world, Tsukiji Fish Market is a large wholesale market in Tokyo for fish, vegetables, and fruits. It’s an absolute logistical marvel, with buyers and sellers bustling about their morning, surrounded by scooters and trucks whizzing around the market. It’s long been a major attraction in Tokyo, and despite the wholesale market’s move to Toyosu in late 2018, the beauty and noise of Tsukiji’s outer market continues to be a sensory overload, making it an exciting place to visit and get the freshest sushi around. One of the most iconic and delectable foods in Japan, you’ll inevitably find a juicy piece of sushi almost everywhere in the country. This small but flavor-filled dish is found in both small, local business and high-end restaurants. You’ll even find sushi to-go in convenience stores and of course at markets such as Tsukiji. Experience your own Tsukiji sushi in a Tsukiji Fish Market and Sushi Making Tour!
Learn everything you ever wanted to know about sushi in this exciting Tsukiji sushi experience, a Tsukiji Fish Market and Sushi Making Tour. This 4-hour sushi extravaganza is the most amazing chance to learn about the ins and outs of Tsukiji Market and how to make the best sushi for yourself. You’ll explore the Tsujiki Market, discovering the market’s hidden secrets and sampling the best ingredients along the way. After the tour, you’ll be taught how to make your very own sushi with the help of a professional sushi chef and gain knowledge about the history of Tsukiji and sushi, tips on preparation skills, as well as Japanese food and culture. With insider tips from your local guide, you’ll eat delicious sushi dishes, made by you!
Note: the inner part of Tsukiji Fish Market is closed on the 6th of October, 2018.
Highlights of a Tsukiji Fish Market and Sushi Making Tour:
- Explore the wonders of Tsukiji Market with our local guide and learn all about Japanese food culture
- Try food samples of green tea, bonito flakes, and other delicious Japanese snacks
- Have an enjoyable experience with the rest of the group as you get deep into the heart of the market
- Learn all about sushi and make your very own sushi pieces taught by a professional sushi chef
- A 4-hour Tsukiji sushi experience, touring Tsukiji Outer Market and then making your own sushi
- Ingredients, cooking utensils, and tools provided
- Learn how to make sushi, taught by a professional sushi chef
- Eat your own handmade Tsukiji sushi (and free samples in the Tsukiji outer market)
- A round-trip public bus from Tsukiji Market to the sushi workshop venue
- Transportation fees to and from the event
Minimum of two people. If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
Tsukiji Fish Market: The early-morning hustle and bustle and the spectacle of whole fish being expertly carved right before your eyes, combined with the array of local delicacies you can’t find anywhere else, make Tsukiji Market a must-see in Tokyo. While the Tsukiji Fish Market’s auction was relocated to Toyosu in October 2018, many of Tsukiji Outer Market’s street vendors and restaurants remained. And since the seafood sold at Tsukiji Market is delivered directly from Toyosu Fish Market, Tsukiji Market is still one of the best places in Tokyo for fresh seafood. Additionally, Tsukiji Market has such a long and rich history in Japan, and some market shops and restaurants have been in business for over 100 years!
Meeting Location and Meeting Time:
The meeting point is in front of the gate of Tsukiji Honganji Temple.
The meeting time is at 8:15 a.m. The event starts exactly at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 12:30 p.m.
Additional Information from the Organizer:
- The Tsukiji Fish Market Tour strictly starts on time. If guests do not arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will begin regardless, and no refund shall be given. This is to guarantee that there is enough time, so everyone can enjoy each food stop. Please be respectful of the other guests, our restaurant partners, and the tour guide’s time
- Please notify us in advance if there are any food restrictions, preferences, and allergies e.g gluten allergy, vegetarian, vegan, etc
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years and above in Japan. Alternative drinks will be served for participants who are 20 years and below
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable shoes because there will be a lot of walking. Sandals are prohibited as you can’t enter the market wearing them
- If you would like to join a Chinese-speaking guide tour, please add a note in the order notes part on the payment page