The word washoku literally translates to food of Japan. It is a collection of traditional Japanese food that has drawn a lot of attention from the whole world because it is definitely delicious as much as it is healthy. It has even been registered in UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage of humanity.
In this class, you will learn how to make delicious washoku food from scratch at a kitchen studio in Yotsuya, Tokyo. First, sip on a refreshing drink before rolling up your sleeves to get prepared for cooking the delicious menu. And then, the lecturer will teach traditional, easy to prepare Japanese dishes one by one. Each food takes about 20 minutes to finish. In addition, since dashi is the foundation for most Japanese dishes, it will also be shown you how to make dashi and transform it into a soup. You will end your experience with recipes that you can use to recreate back home.
- Okura beef roll
- Salmon saikyoyaki (Broiled miso-marinated salmon)
- Japanese-style rolled omelet
- Rice ball with sweetened-soy-sauce baby sardine
- Dashi broth
- Miso soup with seasonal ingredients
- 11:00 am: Introduction of today’s recipes and preparation
- 11:15 am: Demonstration and cooking lesson
- 12:45 pm: Tasting party
- 1:30 pm: End of class
2 Chome-2 Yotsuya Soshin Bldg. 6F, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0004, Japan