Crispy, juicy, hearty, and comforting, what could be better than a Japanese katsu curry? Oh, and did we mention it’s vegan! This Vegan Katsu Curry Class in Tokyo will teach you how to make a beloved Japanese soul food dish. Cook a crunchy panko-coated soy “meat” served alongside rice, pickles, and vegan curry with that perfect balance of savory and sweet. For a bit of freshness, it’ll be served with salad and homemade dressing.
Japanese vegan restaurants are becoming more common in Japan, but since there are many “invisible” non-vegan ingredients, like katsuobushi fish flakes in dashi soup stock, it can be hard to find vegan options at the average Japanese restaurant. The good news is, you can learn how to make some classic Japanese dishes in the comfort of your own home! Curry katsu is a fantastic dish with a contrast of textures and flavors, the crispy katsu cutlet versus the creamy curry sauce, and the mildly spicy and sweet flavor elements of the curry. Learn to whip up the vegan katsu curry during this Tokyo cooking class; your friends and family will love you for it!
Highlights of the Vegan Katsu Curry Class in Tokyo:
- Learn to make your own vegan katsu curry from scratch!
- Get insights into Japanese cooking from the cooking instructor
- Find out more about veganism and the plant-based lifestyle in Japan
- Enjoy a meal made with fresh ingredients, and no MSG or additives
- All the ingredients and utensils
- Recipes in English
- Vegan fried cutlet (katsu)
- Japanese curry rice
- Salad with homemade Japanese dressing
- Transportation fees to and from the event location
Maximum 4 people.
The event place is located in Nakakasai, Edogawa. It’s a 5-minute walk from Kasai Station on the Tozai Line. Detailed address information will be shared after booking confirmation.