Japan is becoming more and more vegan-friendly, and new restaurants catering to different dietary needs and restrictions are always popping up around Tokyo. Like our Vegan Food Guide, which features 10 of the best vegan restaurants in Tokyo, this Vegan Ramen and Gyoza Cooking Class also proves that you don’t have to miss out on food experiences if you’re a vegan visiting Tokyo.
But this cooking class in Tokyo is not just for vegans. Non-vegans and supportive friends of vegans will also be pleasantly surprised to find that the vegan versions of these savory Japanese dishes are so satisfying and filling that they won’t miss meat at all! This class will teach you all there is to know about making your own vegan ramen and gyoza and by the end of the cooking class, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and recipes to make your own vegan Japanese food at home.
Most people are familiar with ramen, those iconic, slurpable Japanese noodles. However, like most Japanese foods, this particular dish is not usually vegan or vegetarian-friendly, as it is often made with meat or fish-based broth and topped with sliced chashu pork. The vegan version still tastes hearty and filling, with that addictingly savory flavor of miso, and another very special secret ingredient.
Gyoza, pan-fried dumplings, are usually filled with pork and vegetables and dipped in soy sauce or spicy chili oil. It is a popular Japanese appetizer or side dish which often accompanies ramen. However, in this cooking class, you will learn how to make a vegan version, which is fresh-tasting and lighter than its non-vegan counterpart, and just as delicious!
Highlights of the Vegan Ramen and Gyoza Cooking Class:
- Learn cooking tips and tricks from an English-speaking Japanese cooking instructor
- Cook in a fun and relaxed environment, discovering just how delicious vegan food can be!
- Make a delicious 100% vegan ramen
- Make vegan gyoza (savory pan-fried dumplings)
- Meet new people who are interested in the vegan diet!
- Enjoy vegan Japanese food, while chatting with the instructor and other travelers
- Take home the recipe and amaze your family and friends!
- English-speaking Japanese cooking instructor
- Ingredients for vegan ramen and gyoza
- Utensils and tools to make vegan ramen and gyoza
- Recipes for vegan ramen and gyoza
- Transportation fee to and from the cooking class location
No minimum people required to book the class. Maximum 4 people.
The meeting point is the central exit of Tokyo Metro Kasai Station. The event location is in Nakakasai, Edogawa. Detailed address information will be shared after booking confirmation.