If you book a food and drink event through Tokyo by Food, you agree to review and be bound by the event organizer’s terms and conditions and any other rules or policies related to the event organizer’s events. Your interactions with the event organizers are at your own risk. Tokyo by Food will have no liability with respect to the acts, omissions, errors, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any event organizers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from your interactions with the event organizers.
When the booking takes place, Tokyo by Food authorizes the payment but not capture it. After, the Tokyo by Food team checks the availability with the event organizers. If the availability is confirmed, Tokyo by Food captures the money. Otherwise, the total amount is refunded at no cost.
- If the event organizer decides to cancel the event after the confirmation is made and the money is captured, the full amount will be refunded to you at no cost.
- If you make a cancelation after the money is captured, cancellation policy below will apply to such cancellations.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled event time, transaction fees will be deducted and the remaining part will be refunded to you.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled event time, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. Transaction fees will be deducted and the remaining part of 50 percent will be refunded to you.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled event time, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. There will be no refund.
Current transaction fees for cancellations:
- PayPal: 3.9% of the total booking price (Including VAT)
- Credit Card: 3.6% of the total booking price (Including VAT)
*Event time is at Tokyo local time
*Credit Card (Stripe) and PayPal may change their transaction fees. In those cases, the most current rate will be applied.
No refunds available once the event finished.
In the case of cancellation, Tokyo by Food will refund you the amount based on the cancellation policy above. The amount will be calculated in Japanese yen and might be slightly different than what you paid due to currency exchange rate. Usually, the money arrives within a week. However, the duration may differ based on your country and bank.