Gyoza may be small in size but it’s packed with big flavors bursting in your mouth once you take a bite of it! This delicious dish has been around for hundreds of years and was once even used to cure frostbitten ears due to cold climates. Mostly served as an appetizer, gyoza is eaten all year round and is best consumed when it’s hot off the stove. It’s best paired when eating ramen to help balance the savory taste of ramen to the juicy sweetness of gyoza but one can always eat gyoza on its own and dip it to a special sauce that helps enhance the flavors of the gyoza. Fillings can also vary depending on one’s preferences but most of the time, gyoza is made using protein such as pork or shrimp then mixed with various types of vegetables. In this gyoza class, you will learn how to mix, fold, and wrap gyoza and cook it two ways: fried and boiled.
- Fried Pork Gyoza or Vegetable Gyoza
- Boiled Shrimp Gyoza with dipping sauce
- Daikon Salad
- Learn how to make and cook gyoza along with a special dipping sauce.
- Make two delicious gyoza dishes using simple ingredients.
- Enjoy the creations you’ve made with complimentary dessert and a choice of coffee or tea for drink.
Minimum of two, maximum of six participants.
If you are a single traveler, please contact us.
All classes are held in a private residence. It’s a 5-minute walk from Fudomae Station (Metro -Mita line or Nanboku line) and a 10-minute walk from Meguro Station (JR Yamanote Line). The exact location and address of the said residence will be given upon the confirmation of your attendance.
Warnings and Special Notes from the Organizer:
- Please be reminded to come to the class on time
- As the house is not childproof, toddlers under the age of 4 are not allowed
- This is a smoke-free residence. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated