It can be difficult to find vegetarian and vegan options when you are traveling throughout Japan, but this Vegetarian and Vegan Artistic Sushi Making Class in Tokyo will teach you how to prepare your own vegetarian and vegan options to cover you in the times that you can’t find it for yourself. Only in this class, you’ll get a chance to learn how to impress your friends and family with artistic sushi-making skills.
This class is perfect for those who want to throw a sushi party that works for everyone.
Temari is a highly decorative way of making sushi. You can use any ingredients to make temari so this class is perfect for everyone. While you are learning to assemble your sushi, your twin hosts will teach you about the history of sushi. Not only will you walk away with the new skill of making vegetarian and vegan temari, but you will also be able to impress your friends and family with your knowledge of this popular food.
Your instructors are twin sisters (Ayumi and Shihomi) who worked as sushi chefs in Geneva, Switzerland for three years and Itamae (Japanese cuisine chef) in Tokyo for seven years. This is an incredible accomplishment as two female chefs are not so common in Japan. These women are incredibly intelligent and kind and will make sure that your experience is one of a kind.
Menu for Vegetarian and Vegan Artistic Sushi Making Class:
- Vegan pressed sushi
- Vegan Temari sushi (traditional Japanese handball sushi)
- Miso soup
- Green tea
- Japanese sweets
Highlights of the Vegetarian and Vegan Artistic Sushi Making Class:
- Taught by twin sisters who are both experienced sushi chefs
- Rental Samue (traditional uniform) for you to wear while you learn!
- A certificate with a picture that proves you did it
- Learn how to make sushi rice
- Learn how to make pressed and temari sushi
- Learn about the history and culture of sushi
- Meeting time: 11:50 am
- This class runs for three hours from 12:00-15:00
No Minimum. Maximum of 6 people.
Event place and access:
Vegetarian and Vegan Artistic Sushi Making Class takes place at the chefs’ home in Meguro.
Meeting point is JR Meguro Station “Central Gate”.
- Upon booking, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours. Once confirmed, present your booking information at the event place